- Family Caregiving (Grandparent-Caregivers)
- Nursing Empowerment
- Leadership Development
- 'Women and Leadership: Leading Self, Leading (with) Others, Leading Change': Utah Organization of Nurse Leaders Conference. Invited Talk/Keynote, Presented, 04/01/2022.
- 'Empowering Nurses and Midwives to Empower Mothers and Children': Nurse & Midwives Conference hosted, Rotary International, Kampala, Uganda. Invited Talk/Keynote, Presented, 02/12/2022.
- Intersectionality in Health Education. Panel, Other, 08/2021.
- Reimagining Leadership: Community Health Workers & COVID-19. Invited Talk/Keynote, Presented, 03/2021.
- Nursing Today in the Global Healthcare Arena: The Impact of Evidence, Based Nursing Care on Health Outcomes . Invited Talk/Keynote, Other, 06/2019.
- Global is Local: Promotion of Nursing Empowerment in the Global Community. Invited Talk/Keynote, Presented, 08/2017.
- Experiences of Grandparents Caring for Grandchildren Affected by HIV/AIDS in Uganda . Poster, Other, 04/2017.
- Older Grandparents as Primary Caregivers. Invited Talk/Keynote, Presented, 03/2017.
- Caregiving Experiences of Ugandan Grandparents. Invited Talk/Keynote, Presented, 11/2016.
- Nurse-to-Nurse Global Initiative. Presentation, Presented, 08/2015.
- “You Do What You Have to Do”: Grandparenting Experiences Among Older African Americans. Poster, Presented, 03/2014.
- Understanding the Experiences and Mental Health of Ugandan Grandparents Who are Primary Caregivers for Their HIV-AIDS-Infected Grandchildren: A Literature Review. Poster, Presented, 02/2014.
- English, fluent.
- Swahili (macrolanguage), basic.
Geographical Regions of Interest
- Eastern Africa
Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania.
- United States of America
- Schola N. Matovu & Margaret I. Wallhagen (2020). Perceived Caregiver Stress, Coping, and Quality of Life of Older Ugandan Grandparent-Caregivers. Journal of Cross-Cultural Gerontology. 18. Published, 06/21/2020.
- Schola Matovu, PhD, RN, Carol Dawson-Rose, PhD, RN, FAAN, Sandra Weiss, PhD, RN, FAAN & Margaret Wallhagen, PhD, RN, GNP-BC, AGSF, FGSA FAAN (2020). “Thoughts Can Kill You”: Characterization of Mental Health Symptoms by Ugandan Grandparent–Caregivers in the HIV/AIDS Era. Issues Ment Health Nurs. 15. Published, 05/01/2020.
- Schola Matovu RN, PhD, Sally Rankin RN, PhD, FNP, Professor Emerita & Margaret Wallhagen RN, PhD, FAAN, Professor (2020). Ugandan Jajjas: Antecedents and rewards of caring for grandchildren in the context of HIV. (pp. 11). International Journal of Older People Nursing. Accepted, 01/03/2020.
- Schola Matovu & Margaret Wallhagen (2019). Loss as Experienced by Ugandan Grandparent-Caregivers of Children Affected by HIV/AIDS. Journal of Loss and Trauma. Published, 12/13/2019.
- Rankin, S., Jong, S., , Matovu, S, Youmans, S., & Lindgren, T. (2016). Sources of Social Capital for Malawi People Living With HIV. Global Qualitative Nursing Research. 1-10. Published, 01/01/2016.