- Native American Studies
- Indigenous Studies
- Digital Media
- Decolonial Participatory Action Research
- Critical and Cultural Studies
- Cordes, A. Challenging Settler Colonial Stories with Digital Data, Archaeology, and Communication. UiT The Arctic University of Norway.
- Cordes, A. (2021) Revisiting Stories and Voices of the Rogue River War. Oregon State University Lecture Series.
- Cordes, A. Resistance Artificial Intelligence at Neural Information Processing System (NeurIPS).
- Cordes, A. Mascot Controversy: Native American Representation in Sports. Florida Atlantic University.
- Brown Bag on Indigenous Futurisms, University of Utah, Department of Communication. Other, Presented, 03/03/2020.
- Cordes, A. (2020). Theories of Postcolonialism, Decolonization, and Race, presented at Dissoi Logoi, Rhetorical Society of America. Salt Lake City, UT. Presentation, Presented, 02/26/2020.
- Cordes, A. (2019). Unsettling Settler Origin Stories: Educational Refusal and Communication of Indigenous Survivance, National Communication Association, Baltimore, Maryland, November 14-17. Conference Paper, Refereed, Presented, 11/14/2019.
- Cordes, A. (2019). From the Gold Rush to the Code Rush, presented at Native Series, University of Oregon. Eugene, Oregon. Presentation, Presented, 05/03/2019.
- Cordes, A. (2019). #Donttrendonme: Millennial Coachella Appropriation on Instagram, The International Academic Forum, Tokyo, Japan, March 29-31, 2019. Conference Paper, Refereed, Presented, 03/30/2019.
- Women Writing Race, Research Professor. Led by Hokulani Aikau . 08/26/2019 - present.
Indigenous nations in what is now referred to as Canada.
Accra, Ghana (Media in Ghana Program in Summer 2015) Helped oversee 20 undergraduate students and to assist in producing a non-profit campaign in public maternal health. Research in Ghana: Chávez, C., & Cordes, A. (2017). Selling subversion: An African City and the promise of online television. Television and New Media, 19(3), 191-207. DOI:10.1177/1527476417712458. http://ghana.uoregon.edu/author/acordes.
- United States of America
Indigenous Nations in what is now referred to as the US.
- Kvidal-Røvik, Trine & Cordes, Ashley (2020). Into the unknown [Amas Mu Vuordá]? Listening to Indigenous voices on the meanings of Disney’s Frozen 2 [Jikŋon 2]. Journal of International and Intercultural Communication. 1-19.
- Cordes, Ashley & Sabzalian, Leilani (2020). The urgent need for anticolonial media literacy. International Journal of Multicultural Education. Vol. 21(2), 182-201.
- Kronk Warner, E & Comer, A., Cordes, A. Dell, A., Menlove, B., Ned, D., Projansky, S., Sepulveda, C., Smoak, G., Villarreal, M. (2020). University of Utah land acknowledgement statement . University of Utah.
- Cordes, Ashley (2020). Revisiting stories and voices of the Rogue River War (1853-1856): A digital constellatory autoethnographic mode of Indigenous archaeology. Cultural Studies ↔ Critical Methodologies. Vol. 21(1), 56-69.
- Cordes, Ashley (2020). Gifts of dentalium and fire: Entwining trust and care with AI. (pp. 58-68). Vol. 1(1). The Initiative for Indigenous Futures and the Canadian Institute for Advanced Research (CIFAR).
- Cordes, Ashley (2020). Meeting place: Bringing Native feminisms to bear on borders of cyberspace. Feminist Media Studies.
- Cordes, Ashley (2020). Envisioning the artificial: Technology, time, and Indigenizing the future of AI. (pp. 137-141). Vol. 1(1). The Initiative for Indigenous Futures and the Canadian Institute for Advanced Research (CIFAR).
- Lewis, Jason, Abdilla, Angie, Arista, Noelani, Baker Kaipulaumakaniolono, Benesiinaabandan, Scott, Brown, Michelle & Cordes, Ashley, et. al (2020). Introduction and Guidelines for Indigenous-Centered AI Design V.I. (pp. 3-26). Vol. 1(1). Initiative for Indigenous Futures and the Canadian Institute for Advanced Research (CIFAR).
- Cordes, Ashley (2019). From the Gold Rush to the cryptocurrency code rush?: Communication of alternative currency for Native American communities (1853-2014) . (pp. 304). Dissertation Proquest.
- Cordes, Ashley & Merskin, Debra (2019). #DontTrendOnMe: Addressing appropriation of Native American-ness in millennial social media. (pp. 177-197). Lexington. Published, 08/15/2019.
- Cordes, Ashley (2019). ‘Aa-bv-lus ‘aa-t’e’s. Shu’ ‘al-srvn, shu’ ‘aa-ghvl-nvsh. Luminaire Press. Published, 07/08/2019.
- Cordes, Ashley (2019). Tr’e-ghes-tr’i’, tr’aa-xe tr’e-svt-te. Tr’aa- xe lhaa-ni tr’vt-t’i. Luminaire Press. Published, 07/08/2019.