- “Slavery in Translation: Tracing Concepts of Marginality and Belonging between Lake Malawi and Mombasa in the first Nyanja Dictionary,” Archive and Public Culture Research Lab, University of Cape Town . Invited Talk/Keynote, Presented, 09/30/2021.
- “Enslavement in Translation: A Nyanja Dictionary and a Microhistory of Slavery Between Lake Malawi and the Swahili Coast,” Rocky Mountain Workshop on African History. Conference Paper, Refereed, Presented, 08/20/2021.
- Eastern Africa
- United Republic of Tanzania
- David Bresnahan (2022). Short Teaching Module: Precolonial Kenya, a Small-Scale History. World History Commons.
- David Bresnahan (2020). Greatness is Like a Rubbish Hole: Social Frictions and Global Connections in the Early Swahili World. Journal of World History. Vol. 31, 361-390. Published, 06/10/2020.
- David Bresnahan (2018). Forest Imageries and Political Practice in Colonial Coastal Kenya. Journal of Eastern African Studies. Vol. 12, 655-673. Published, 09/24/2018.