- Urban Cultural Studies
- Twentieth Century and Contemporary American Literature and Studies
- Housing and Geography
- Black Feminism
- African American Literature
- "Indoors, Interiors, and In Between in Moonlight and David Makes Man." “Intimate Renderings of Black Homeplace” session at American Studies Association 2022 Annual Meeting. Panelist and organizer, November 6, 2022. Conference Paper, Presented, 11/06/2022.
- “Looking for Langston in Danez: Queer Aesthetics, Universal Songs.” Black History Month: Honoring LGBTQ+ Literaries. Linn-Benton Community College. Invited Talk/Keynote, Presented, 02/17/2021.
- “Literary Endings and Speculative Futures in Gloria Naylor’s Fiction.” “Black Women and the Question of Futurity” session. 2020 Modern Language Association Annual Convention. Seattle, WA. Conference Paper, Presented, 01/11/2020.
- “Reclaiming Spaces of Play: The Outdoors and Diaspora in Dayveon and Moonlight.” “Ecologies of Black Childhood" panel. Co-organizer and presenter at the American Studies Association Annual Meeting. Atlanta, GA. Conference Paper, Presented, 11/10/2018.
- "Questions of Gender in African-American Literature." Panelist at the Transitions and Transactions III: Literature and Journalism Pedagogies in Community Colleges Conference. New York, NY. Conference Paper, Presented, 04/20/2018.
- “Taking the Long View: Ekphrastic Art as a Housing Justice Tool.” Roundtable participant at the 46th Annual NeMLA Convention. Toronto, Canada. Conference Paper, Presented, 04/30/2015.
- “The Disruption of Pleasure in L’Esquive.” Presentation at French and Francophone Studies International Colloquium on “New Worlds, New Spaces.” Toronto, Canada. Conference Paper, Presented, 03/27/2010.
Other Profile Data
Assistant researcher and editor for Audrey Petty’s High Rise Stories: Voices from Chicago Public Housing. San Francisco: Voice of Witness Press, 2013.
- French, functional.
Geographical Regions of Interest
Scheduled to teach HON IT-3601 which is one of the courses in the integrated health and ecology minors of the Honors College that has a study abroad component in Kenya. But this site also coincides with some of research in Afrofuturist art.
- Crystal Rudds (2022). On Perspective and Value: Black Urbanism, Black Interiors, and Public Housing Fiction. American Literature. Vol. 94, 527-549. Published, 09/01/2022.
- Crystal S. Rudds & Eds. Cameron McCarthy, Heather Greenhalgh-Spencer, and Robert Mejia (2011). “Displaced Bodies and Governmentality: Lessons from the CHA Website.” New Times: Making Sense of Critical/Cultural Theory in a Digital Age. (pp. 229-253). Peter Lang Publishing, Inc. Published, 05/2011.