Assistant Professor, Biology
- Castillo, DM & LC Moyle (2019). Conspecific sperm precedence is reinforced, but postcopulatory sexual selection weakened in sympatric populations of Drosophila. Proceedings of the Royal Society B. Vol. 286.
- Davis, JS & DM Castillo, LC Moyle (2017). Remating responses are shaped by male post- copulatory manipulation but not reinforcement in D. pseudoobscura. Ecology and Evolution. Vol. 7, 507-515.
- Castillo, DM & DA Barbash (2017). Moving speciation genetics forward: molecular methods build on foundational studies in Drosophila. Genetics. Vol. 207, 825-842.
- Castillo, DM (2017). Factors contributing to the accumulation of reproductive isolation: a mixed model approach. Ecology and Evolution. Vol. 7, 5808-5820.
- Castillo, DM & LF Delph (2016). Male-female genotype interactions maintain variation in traits important for sexual interactions and reproductive isolation. Evolution. Vol. 70, 1667-1673.
- Castillo, DM, AK Gibson, and LC Moyle. 2016. Assortative mating and self-fertilization differ in their contributions to reinforcement, cascade speciation, and diversification. Current Zoology 62:169-181. (Invited Perspective-Special Issue: Cascade Reinforcement).
- Castillo, DM & MK Burger, CM Lively, LF Delph (2015). Experimental evolution: sexual selection rather than local adaptation leads to reproductive isolation in the nematode Caenorhabditis remanei. Evolution. Vol. 69, 3141-3155.
- Castillo, DM & LC Moyle (2014). Intraspecific sperm competition genes enforce post-mating species barriers in Drosophila. Proceedings of the Royal Society B. Vol. 28, 20142050.
- Kula, AAR & DM Castillo, MR Dudash, CB Fenster (2014). Interactions between a pollinating seed predator and its host plant: the role of environmental context within a population . Ecology and Evolution. Vol. 4, 2901-2912.
- Castillo, DM & AAR Kula, S Dötterl, CB Fenster, and MR Dudash (2014). Invasive Silene latifolia may benefit from a native pollinating seed predator, Hadena ectypa, in North America. International Journal of Plant Sciences. Vol. 174, 80-91.
- Castillo, DM & AAR Kula, KAD Fenster, CB Fenster, MR Dudash (2013). Specialist pollinating seed predator exhibits oviposition strategy consistent with optimal oviposition theory. Ecological Entomology. Vol. 38, 164-172.
- Castillo, DM and LC Moyle. 2012. Evolutionary implications of mechanistic models of TE- mediated hybrid incompatibility. International Journal of Evolutionary Biology. Volume 2012 (Invited Review-Special Issue: Mechanisms of Speciation).
- Castillo, DM & JC Mell, KS Box, and JP Blumenstiel (2011). Molecular evolution under increasing transposable element burden in Drosophila: A speed limit on the evolutionary arms race. BMC Evolutionary Biology. Vol. 11.
- Castillo, DM & TE Pawlowska (2010). Molecular evolution of endosymbiotic bacteria of fungi. Molecular Biology and Evolution. Vol. 27, 622–636.