- Michael Dichio & Phillip Singer (2023). State Attorneys General and Their Challenges to Federal Policies: Insights from the Texas v. California Litigation Regarding the Affordable Care Act . Publius: The Journal of Federalism.
- Michael Dichio & Ilya Somin (2022). Rethinking the Supreme Court's Impact on American Federalism and Centralization . Publius: The Journal of Federalism.
- Michael Dichio & Logan Strother, Ryan Williams (2022). ‘To Render Prompt Justice’ : The Origins and Construction of the U.S. Court of Claims . Studies in American Political Development. 18.
- Michael Dichio & Igor Logvinenko (2021). "Authoritarian Populism, Courts and Democratic Erosion What Americans Can Learn from the Rest of the World". Just Security.
- Michael A. Dichio (2020). The Problems Litigating Hardrock Mining . University Press of Colorado.
- Michael A. Dichio (2019). Review of "Courts in Federal Countries: Federalist or Unitarists?". Vol. 50. Publius: The Journal of Federalism.
- Michael A. Dichio (2018). The US Supreme Court and the Centralization of Federal Authority. SUNY Press.
My work centers on how American judicial institutions are created and evolve over time, and how political actors use these institutions to influence constitutional change, federalism, and state building.
- Supreme Court
- Constitutional Law
- American Political Development
- “Norms and Procedures: Courts and Democratic Backsliding in the United States” (with Igor Logvinenko), at workshop on “Courts and Authoritarian Populism: the United States in Comparative Perspective,” Occidental College.
- "Statutory Review on the Roberts Court: the Least Activist in U.S. History?" Presented at the Policy History Conference 2022. Tempe, AZ . Conference Paper, Presented, 06/03/2022.
- "Trump, Courts, and Democratic Backsliding in a Comparative Perspective." Presented at the 2022 Western Political Science Association Conference, Portland, OR. Conference Paper, Presented, 03/10/2022.
- "Policy Retrenchment through the Judiciary: The Curious Case of Texas v. Azar" (with Phillip Singer). American Political Science Association Virtual Meeting, September 9-13, 2021.
- Panelist for a Hinkcley Institute of Politics Forum, "Power to the People: US Voting Rights." . Invited Talk/Keynote, Presented, 10/30/2019.
- "The General Mining Act of 1872 and American State Formation." Western Political Science Association, San Diego, CA . Conference Paper, Presented, 04/18/2019.