Nurs across Syst/Popul
Nurs across Syst/PopulLocation: ONLN (Online)
Professional Roles IVLocation: CNB 2600 (CNB 2600)
- American Nurses Association. 01/01/2019 - 04/30/2021. Position : Member.
- Sigma Theta Tau, Rho Chapter. 10/01/2018 - present. Position : Member.
- Emergency Nurses Association. 03/01/2018 - 09/30/2022. Position : Member.
- American Association for Men in Nursing. 01/01/2017 - 01/31/2021. Position : President.
- International Association of Forensic Nurses. 12/25/2014 - present. Position : Member.
- American Association of Critical Care Nursing. 12/01/1988 - present. Position : Member.
My passion for teaching comes from a lifetime of learning and nurse leadership experience. As a life-long student, I strive to remain humble, invested, and respectful toward the learning process. I must encourage and cultivate these same traits in students to whom I serve. A teacher's currency is the student's trust, and my job is to help learners grow personally and professionally. Teachers and leaders engage their students and sabotage barriers to success. Good teachers are ethical, kind, and compassionate. They are subject matter experts who can explain complex topics simply and from many directions. Good teachers, like leaders, see tough questions and wrong answers as progress. Success is measured from the student's point of view. To summarize, my teaching philosophy is captured in one sentence; Teaching is service.