My research program integrates principles from exercise science and sports nutrition across the cancer continuum to optimize body composition, physical function and conditioning, and improve related biomarkers linked with cancer risk and progression.
For a complete list of my presentations and publications, please see my ORCID profile: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-2503-2792. Presentation and publications in subsequent sections below is only a select list.
- Nutrition or Dietetics
- Health and Exercise
- Exercise programming
- Exercise prescription
- Exercise adherence
- Exercise Physiology
- Exercise Biochemistry-Physiology
- Clinical exercise physiology
- Cancer or Carcinogenesis
- Cancer Survivorship
- Cancer Prevention and Control
- “The feasibility of high-intensity interval training among women at heightened risk for invasive breast cancer” Coletta AM, Brewster AM, Chen M, Li Y, Bevers TB, Basen-Engquist K, Gilchrist SC. American Society of Preventive Oncology Annual Meeting, Tampa, FL . Poster, Presented, 03/2019.
- Coletta AM, Sayegh N & Agarwal N (2021). Body composition and metastatic prostate cancer survivorship. Cancer treatment and research communications. Vol. 27, 100322. Published, 12/01/2021.
- Coletta AM, Rose NB, Johnson AF, Moxon DS, Trapp SK, Walker D, White S, Ulrich CM, Agarwal N, Oza S, Zingg RW & Hansen P (2021). The impact of a hospital-based exercise oncology program on cancer treatment-related side effects among rural cancer survivors. Supportive care in cancer : official journal of the Multinational Association of Supportive Care in Cancer. Vol. 29, 4663-4672. Published, 07/01/2021.
- Coletta AM, Agha NH, Baker FL, Niemiro GM, Mylabathula PL, Brewster AB, Bevers TB, Fuentes-Mattei E, Basen-Engquist K, Gilchrist SC & Simpson RJ (2021). The impact of high-intensity interval exercise training on NK-cell function and circulating myokines for breast cancer prevention among women at high risk for breast cancer. Breast cancer research and treatment. Vol. 187, 407-416. Published, 06/01/2021.
- Himbert C, Klossner N, Coletta AM, Barnes CA, Wiskemann J, LaStayo PC, Varghese TK & Ulrich CM (2020). Exercise and lung cancer surgery: A systematic review of randomized-controlled trials. Critical reviews in oncology/hematology. Vol. 156, 103086. Published, 11/01/2020.
- Coletta AM, Campbell A, Morris GS & Schmitz KH (2020). Synergy Between Licensed Rehabilitation Professionals and Clinical Exercise Physiologists: Optimizing Patient Care for Cancer Rehabilitation. Seminars in oncology nursing. Vol. 36, 150975. Published, 02/01/2020.
- Coletta AM, Marquez G, Thomas P, Thoman W, Austin A, Bevers T, Brewster, AB, Hawk E, Basen-Engquist K, Gilchrist SC. Clinical factors associated with adherence to aerobic and resistance physical activity guidelines among cancer prevention patients and survivors. PLOS One.14(8):e0220814. Published, 08/01/2019.
- Coletta AM, Peterson SK, Gatus L, Krause K, Schembre SM, Gilchrist SC, Schembre S, Pande M, Vilar E, You N, Rodriguez-Bigas M, Strong LL, Lynch PM, Lu K, Basen-Engquist K. Energy balance related lifestyle factors and risk of endometrial and colorectal cancer among individuals with Lynch Syndrome: A systematic review. Fam Cancer. 2019; doi: 10.1007/s10689-019-00135-7. [Epub ahead of print]. Published, 06/24/2019.
- Coletta AM, Brewster AM, Chen M, Li Y, Basen-Engquist K & Gilchrist SC (2019). High-intensity interval training to reduce breast cancer risk among women at heightened risk: feasibility and impact on biomarkers linked with breast cancer risk. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise. Vol. 51, 2193-2200. Published, 06/20/2019.
- Yates MS, Coletta AM, Zhang Q, Schmandt RE, Medepalli M, Nebgen D, Soletsky B, Milbourne A, Levy E, Fellman B, Urbauer D, Yuan Y, Broaddus RR, Basen-Engquist K, Lu K. Prospective randomized biomarker study of metformin and lifestyle intervention for prevention in obese postmenopausal women at increased risk for endometrial cancer. Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2018; 11(8):477-90. Published, 08/01/2018.
- Basen-Engquist K, Brown PH, Coletta AM, Savage M, Maresso KC, Hawk E. Abeloff’s Clinical Oncology (Sixth Edition). Lifestyle and Cancer Prevention. Elsevier, 2020. 337-74. Accepted, 08/01/2018.