- Parkinson's Disease
- Motor Rehabilitation
- Inertial Sensors
- Gait Analysis
- Ecologically Valid Clinical Tests
- Cognitive-Motor Interference
- Brain Concussion
- Kreter N (2022). Anticipatory and reactive responses to underfoot perturbations during gait in healthy adults and individuals with a recent mild traumatic brain injury. Clinical biomechanics (Bristol, Avon). Vol. 90, 105496. Published, 01/01/2022.
- Parrington L, King LA & Weightman MM (2021). Between-site equivalence of turning speed assessments using inertial measurement units. Gait & posture. Vol. 90, 245-251. Published, 12/01/2021.
- Campbell KR, Parrington L, Peterka RJ & Martini DN (2021). Exploring persistent complaints of imbalance after mTBI: Oculomotor, peripheral vestibular and central sensory integration function. Journal of vestibular research : equilibrium & orientation. Vol. 31, 519-530. Published, 11/01/2021.
- DeCouto BS, Williams AM & Lohse KR (2021). Anxiety does not always affect balance: the predominating role of cognitive engagement in a video gaming task. Experimental brain research. Vol. 239, 2001-2014. Published, 07/01/2021.
- Martini DN, Parrington L, Stuart S, Fino PC & King LA (2021). Gait Performance in People with Symptomatic, Chronic Mild Traumatic Brain Injury. Journal of neurotrauma. Vol. 38, 218-224. Published, 01/01/2021.
- Fino PC & Mancini M (2020). Phase-Dependent Effects of Closed-Loop Tactile Feedback on Gait Stability in Parkinson's Disease. IEEE transactions on neural systems and rehabilitation engineering : a publication of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. Vol. 28, 1636-1641. Published, 12/01/2020.
- Fino PC, Raffegeau TE, Parrington L, Peterka RJ & King LA (2020). Head stabilization during standing in people with persisting symptoms after mild traumatic brain injury. Journal of biomechanics. Vol. 112, 110045. Published, 11/01/2020.
- Raffegeau TE, Fawver B, Young WR, Williams AM, Lohse KR & Fino PC (2020). The direction of postural threat alters balance control when standing at virtual elevation. Experimental brain research. Vol. 238, 2653-2663. Published, 10/01/2020.
- Parrington L, Jehu DA, Fino PC, Stuart S, Wilhelm J, Pettigrew N, Murchison CF, El-Gohary M, VanDerwalker J, Pearson S, Hullar T, Chesnutt JC, Peterka RJ, Horak FB & King LA (2020). The Sensor Technology and Rehabilitative Timing (START) Protocol: A Randomized Controlled Trial for the Rehabilitation of Mild Traumatic Brain Injury. (pp. 687-697). Vol. 100. Physical therapy. Published, 07/01/2020.
- Stuart S, Parrington L, Martini DN, Kreter N, Chesnutt JC, Fino PC & King LA (2019). Analysis of Free-Living Mobility in People with Mild Traumatic Brain Injury and Healthy Controls: Quality over Quantity. Journal of neurotrauma. Vol. 37, 139-145. Published, 12/01/2019.
- Parrington L, Fino PC, Swanson CW, Murchison CF, Chesnutt J & King LA (2019). Longitudinal Assessment of Balance and Gait After Concussion and Return to Play in Collegiate Athletes. Journal of athletic training. Vol. 54, 429-438. Published, 08/01/2019.
- Parrington L, Jehu DA, Fino PC, Pearson S, El-Gohary M & King LA (2018). Validation of an inertial sensor algorithm to quantify head and trunk movement in healthy young adults and individuals with mild traumatic brain injury. Sensors. Vol. 18, 4501.
- Peterka RJ, Murchson CF, Parrington L, Fino PC & King LA (2018). Implementation of a central sensorimotor integration test for characterization of human balance control during stance. Frontiers in Neurology. Vol. 9, 1045.
- Fino PC, Wilhelm J, Parrington L, Stuart S, Chesnutt JC & King LA (2018). Inertial sensors reveal subtle motor deficits when walking with horizontal head turns after concussion. Journal of Head Trauma Rehabilitation.
- Parrington L, Fino NF, Fino PC, Murchison CF, Chesnutt JC & King LA (2018). Inflection points in longitudinal models: Tracking recovery and return to play following concussion. Scandinavian Journal of Medicine & Science in Sports. Vol. 28, 2436-2442.
- Fino PC, Mancini M, Curtze C, Nutt JG & Horak FB (2018). Gait stability has phase-dependent dual-task costs in Parkinson’s disease. Frontiers in Neurology. Vol. 9, 373.
- Stuart S, Vitorio R, Morris R, Martini DN, Fino PC & Mancini M (2018). Cortical activity during walking and balance tasks in older adults and Parkinson’s disease: a structured review. Maturitas. Vol. 113, 53-72.
- Fino PC, Parrington L, Walls M, Sippel E, Hullar TE, Chesnutt JC & King LA (2018). Abnormal turning and its association to self-reported symptoms in chronic mTBI. Journal of Neurotrauma. Vol. 35, 1167-1177.
- Fino PC, Parrington L, Pitt W, Martini DN, Chesnutt JC, Chou LS & King LA (2018). Detecting gait abnormalities after concussion or mild traumatic brain injury: A systematic review of single-task, dual-task, and complex gait. Gait & Posture. Vol. 62, 157-166.
- Fino PC, Becker LN, Fino NF, Griesemer B, Goforth M & Brolinson PG (2017). Effects of recent concussion and injury history on instantaneous relative risk of lower extremity injury in Division I collegiate athletes. Clinical Journal of Sports Medicine.
- King LA, Mancini M, Fino PC, Chesnutt J, Swanson C, Markwardt S & Chapman JC (2017). Sensor-based mediolateral balance measures outperform clinical BESS in identifying acutely concussed athletes. Annals of Biomedical Engineering. Vol. 45, 2135-45.
- Fino PC, Peterka RJ, Hullar T, Murchison C, Horak FB, Chesnutt JC & King LA (2017). Assessment and rehabilitation of central sensory impairments for balance in mTBI using auditory biofeedback: a randomized clinical trial. BMC Neurology. Vol. 17, 41-55.
- Fino PC, Nussbaum MA & Brolinson PG (2016). Decreased high-frequency center-of-pressure complexity in recently concussed asymptomatic athletes. Gait & Posture. Vol. 50, 69-74.
- Fino PC, Nussbaum MA & Brolinson PG (2016). Locomotor deficits in recently concussed athletes and matched controls during single and dual-task turning gait: preliminary results. Journal of Neuroengineering and Rehabilitation. Vol. 13, 1-15.
- Fino PC (2016). A preliminary study of longitudinal differences in local dynamic stability between recently concussed and healthy athletes during single and dual-task gait. Journal of Biomechanics. Vol. 49, 1983-88.
- Fino PC, Rezaei AR, Adjerid K, Habibi M, Lockhart TE & Ross SD (2016). Comparing postural stability entropy analyses to differentiate fallers and non-fallers. Annals of Biomedical Engineering. Vol. 44, 1636-45.
- Fino PC, Frames CW & Lockhart TE (2015). Classifying step and spin turns using wireless gyroscopes and implications for fall risk assessments. Sensors. Vol. 15, 10676-10685.
- Fino PC, Lockhart TE & Fino NF (2015). Corner height influences center of mass kinematics and path trajectory during turning. Journal of Biomechanics. Vol. 48, 104-112.
- Fino PC & Lockhart TE (2014). Required coefficient of friction during turning at self-selected slow, normal, and fast walking speeds. Journal of Biomechanics. Vol. 47, 1295-1400.