- Parkinson's Disease
- Motor Rehabilitation
- Inertial Sensors
- Gait Analysis
- Ecologically Valid Clinical Tests
- Cognitive-Motor Interference
- Brain Concussion
- Kreter N & Lybbert C (2022). The effects of physical and temporal certainty on human locomotion with discrete underfoot perturbations. The Journal of experimental biology. Vol. 225. Published, 10/01/2022.
- Parrington L, King LA, Hoppes CW & Klaiman MJ (2022). Exploring Vestibular Ocular Motor Screening in Adults With Persistent Complaints After Mild Traumatic Brain Injury. The Journal of head trauma rehabilitation. Vol. 37, E346E354E346-E354. Published, 09/01/2022.
- Morris A, Casucci T, McFarland MM & Cassidy B (2022). Reactive Balance Responses After Mild Traumatic Brain Injury: A Scoping Review. The Journal of head trauma rehabilitation. Vol. 37, 311317311-317. Published, 09/01/2022.
- Morris A, Fino NF & Pelo R (2022). Interadministrator Reliability of a Modified Instrumented Push and Release Test of Reactive Balance. Journal of sport rehabilitation. Vol. 31, 517523517-523. Published, 05/01/2022.
- Kreter N (2022). Anticipatory and reactive responses to underfoot perturbations during gait in healthy adults and individuals with a recent mild traumatic brain injury. Clinical biomechanics (Bristol, Avon). Vol. 90, 105496105496. Published, 01/01/2022.
- Parrington L, King LA & Weightman MM (2021). Between-site equivalence of turning speed assessments using inertial measurement units. Gait & posture. Vol. 90, 245251245-251. Published, 12/01/2021.
- Campbell KR, Parrington L, Peterka RJ & Martini DN (2021). Exploring persistent complaints of imbalance after mTBI: Oculomotor, peripheral vestibular and central sensory integration function. Journal of vestibular research : equilibrium & orientation. Vol. 31, 519530519-530. Published, 11/01/2021.
- Martini DN & Parrington L (2021). Gait Performance in People with Symptomatic, Chronic Mild Traumatic Brain Injury. Journal of neurotrauma. Vol. 38, 218224218-224. Published, 11/01/2021.
- DeCouto BS, Williams AM & Lohse KR (2021). Anxiety does not always affect balance: the predominating role of cognitive engagement in a video gaming task. Experimental brain research. Vol. 239, 200120142001-2014. Published, 07/01/2021.
- Raffegeau TE, Fawver B & Young WR (2021). The direction of postural threat alters balance control when standing at virtual elevation. Experimental brain research. Vol. 238, 265326632653-2663. Published, 07/01/2021.
- Fino PC (2021). Inertial Sensor-Based Centripetal Acceleration as a Correlate for Lateral Margin of Stability During Walking and Turning. IEEE transactions on neural systems and rehabilitation engineering : a publication of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. Vol. 28, 629636629-636. Published, 06/01/2021.
- Fino PC (2021). Phase-Dependent Effects of Closed-Loop Tactile Feedback on Gait Stability in Parkinson's Disease. IEEE transactions on neural systems and rehabilitation engineering : a publication of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. Vol. 28, 163616411636-1641. Published, 06/01/2021.
- Fino PC & Raffegeau TE (2021). Head stabilization during standing in people with persisting symptoms after mild traumatic brain injury. Journal of biomechanics. Vol. 112, 110045110045. Published, 05/01/2021.
- Peterson DS & Mancini M (2021). Speeding Up Gait in Parkinson's Disease. Journal of Parkinson's disease. Vol. 10, 245253245-253. Published, 04/01/2021.
- Fino PC (2021). Corrections to "Inertial Sensor-Based Centripetal Acceleration as a Correlate for Lateral Margin of Stability During Walking and Turning". IEEE transactions on neural systems and rehabilitation engineering : a publication of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. Vol. 28, 15071507. Published, 04/01/2021.
- Loyd BJ, Saviers-Steiger J & Fangman A (2021). Control of Linear Head and Trunk Acceleration During Gait After Unilateral Vestibular Deficits. Archives of physical medicine and rehabilitation. Vol. 102, 456462456-462. Published, 03/01/2021.
- Raffegeau TE, Fawver B, Clark M & Engel BT (2021). The feasibility of using virtual reality to induce mobility-related anxiety during turning. Gait & posture. Vol. 77, 6136-13. Published, 01/01/2021.
- Stuart S, Parrington L & Morris R (2020). Gait measurement in chronic mild traumatic brain injury: A model approach. Human movement science. Vol. 69, 102557102557. Published, 07/01/2020.
- Fino PC, Wilhelm J & Parrington L (2020). Inertial Sensors Reveal Subtle Motor Deficits When Walking With Horizontal Head Turns After Concussion. The Journal of head trauma rehabilitation. Vol. 34, E74E81E74-E81. Published, 05/01/2020.
- Stuart S, Parrington L, Martini DN, Kreter N, Chesnutt JC, Fino PC & King LA (2019). Analysis of Free-Living Mobility in People with Mild Traumatic Brain Injury and Healthy Controls: Quality over Quantity. Journal of neurotrauma. Vol. 37, 139-145. Published, 12/01/2019.
- Fino PC, Horak FB & El-Gohary M (2019). Postural sway, falls, and self-reported neuropathy in aging female cancer survivors. Gait & posture. Vol. 69, 136142136-142. Published, 11/01/2019.
- Fino PC, Becker LN & Fino NF (2019). Effects of Recent Concussion and Injury History on Instantaneous Relative Risk of Lower Extremity Injury in Division I Collegiate Athletes. Clinical journal of sport medicine : official journal of the Canadian Academy of Sport Medicine. Vol. 29, 218223218-223. Published, 11/01/2019.
- Parrington L, Fino PC & Swanson CW (2019). Longitudinal Assessment of Balance and Gait After Concussion and Return to Play in Collegiate Athletes. Journal of athletic training. Vol. 54, 429438429-438. Published, 08/01/2019.
- Peterka RJ, Murchson CF, Parrington L, Fino PC & King LA (2018). Implementation of a central sensorimotor integration test for characterization of human balance control during stance. Frontiers in Neurology. Vol. 9, 1045.
- Fino PC, Wilhelm J, Parrington L, Stuart S, Chesnutt JC & King LA (2018). Inertial sensors reveal subtle motor deficits when walking with horizontal head turns after concussion. Journal of Head Trauma Rehabilitation.
- Parrington L, Fino NF, Fino PC, Murchison CF, Chesnutt JC & King LA (2018). Inflection points in longitudinal models: Tracking recovery and return to play following concussion. Scandinavian Journal of Medicine & Science in Sports. Vol. 28, 2436-2442.
- Fino PC, Mancini M, Curtze C, Nutt JG & Horak FB (2018). Gait stability has phase-dependent dual-task costs in Parkinson’s disease. Frontiers in Neurology. Vol. 9, 373.
- Stuart S, Vitorio R, Morris R, Martini DN, Fino PC & Mancini M (2018). Cortical activity during walking and balance tasks in older adults and Parkinson’s disease: a structured review. Maturitas. Vol. 113, 53-72.
- Fino PC, Parrington L, Walls M, Sippel E, Hullar TE, Chesnutt JC & King LA (2018). Abnormal turning and its association to self-reported symptoms in chronic mTBI. Journal of Neurotrauma. Vol. 35, 1167-1177.
- Fino PC, Parrington L, Pitt W, Martini DN, Chesnutt JC, Chou LS & King LA (2018). Detecting gait abnormalities after concussion or mild traumatic brain injury: A systematic review of single-task, dual-task, and complex gait. Gait & Posture. Vol. 62, 157-166.
- King LA, Mancini M, Fino PC, Chesnutt J, Swanson C, Markwardt S & Chapman JC (2017). Sensor-based mediolateral balance measures outperform clinical BESS in identifying acutely concussed athletes. Annals of Biomedical Engineering. Vol. 45, 2135-45.
- Fino PC, Peterka RJ, Hullar T, Murchison C, Horak FB, Chesnutt JC & King LA (2017). Assessment and rehabilitation of central sensory impairments for balance in mTBI using auditory biofeedback: a randomized clinical trial. BMC Neurology. Vol. 17, 41-55.
- Fino PC, Nussbaum MA & Brolinson PG (2016). Decreased high-frequency center-of-pressure complexity in recently concussed asymptomatic athletes. Gait & Posture. Vol. 50, 69-74.
- Fino PC, Nussbaum MA & Brolinson PG (2016). Locomotor deficits in recently concussed athletes and matched controls during single and dual-task turning gait: preliminary results. Journal of Neuroengineering and Rehabilitation. Vol. 13, 1-15.
- Fino PC (2016). A preliminary study of longitudinal differences in local dynamic stability between recently concussed and healthy athletes during single and dual-task gait. Journal of Biomechanics. Vol. 49, 1983-88.
- Fino PC, Rezaei AR, Adjerid K, Habibi M, Lockhart TE & Ross SD (2016). Comparing postural stability entropy analyses to differentiate fallers and non-fallers. Annals of Biomedical Engineering. Vol. 44, 1636-45.
- Fino PC, Frames CW & Lockhart TE (2015). Classifying step and spin turns using wireless gyroscopes and implications for fall risk assessments. Sensors. Vol. 15, 10676-10685.
- Fino PC, Lockhart TE & Fino NF (2015). Corner height influences center of mass kinematics and path trajectory during turning. Journal of Biomechanics. Vol. 48, 104-112.
- Fino PC & Lockhart TE (2014). Required coefficient of friction during turning at self-selected slow, normal, and fast walking speeds. Journal of Biomechanics. Vol. 47, 1295-1400.