- Japan, life insurance, capitalism, public health, futurity
- Invited discussant to Cultures of Crossing: Transpacific and Inter-Asian Diaspora, at the University of Utah, virtual and in person event. Other, Presented, 12/10/2021.
- "Commodifying Community: Mutuality, Individuality, and Probability in the Early Japanese Life Insurance Industry," World History Association Annual Conference, Virtual Event. Conference Paper, Refereed, Presented, 07/07/2021.
- "The Cruel Optimism of Wartime Japan: Life Insurance, Resource Extraction, and Securing Victory," delivered to the Europe Japan Research Center, Oxford-Brookes University, Oxford, UK. Invited Talk/Keynote, Presented, 04/21/2021.
- “Making Mutuality Profitable: The Rise of For-Profit Life Insurance in Modern Japan,” World History Association Annual Conference, Salt Lake City, UT, June 25-27 (Accepted, conference cancelled due to COVID-19). Conference Paper, Refereed, Accepted, 01/22/2020.
- “Insurance and Colonial Governmentality in Korea Under Japanese Rule.” American Historical Association 134th Annual Meeting, New York, New York. Conference Paper, Refereed, Presented, 01/05/2020.
- “Insurance, New Communities, and Rural Revitalization in Colonial Korea,” Seoul National University – University of Utah Conference: Korean Studies Across the Disciplines, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT. Conference Paper, Presented, 10/25/2019.
- “Insurance, Futurity, and the Productive Population in Wartime Japan.” Association for Asian Studies (AAS) 2019 Annual Conference, Denver, CO . Conference Paper, Refereed, Presented, 03/22/2019.
- "Responsible Families and New Communal Life in Colonial Korea." Association for Asian Studies (AAS) 2018 Annual Conference, Washington DC, USA. Conference Paper, Refereed, Presented, 03/22/2018.
- Japanese, fluent.
- Republic of Korea
- Ryan Moran (2018). "Delivering Security in Modern Japan: Postal Life Insurance and Social Unrest". positions: asia critique. Vol. 26 (4).
- Ryan Moran (2018). "Securing the Health of the Nation: Life Insurance, Labor, and Health Improvement in Interwar Japan". Japan Forum. Vol. DOI: 10.1080/09555803.2018.146. Published, 05/03/2018.