- Urban Planning or Policy
- Community Development
- Community Engagement
- Racial Microaggressions
- Gender, Race, Sexuality, and Class
- Harwood, Stacy Anne (2022). Welcoming Immigrants: An Agenda for Municipal Planning. Journal of the American Planning Association.
- Choi, Shinwoo, Weng, Suzie, Park, Hyejoon, Lewis, Jioni, Harwood, Stacy , Mendenhall, Ruby & Huntt, Margaret Browne (2021). Sense of Belonging, Racial Microaggressions, and Depressive Symptoms among Students of Asian Descent in the United States. Smith College Studies in Social Work.
- Goodell, Matthew, Truong, Takara, Marston, Stephanie, Smiley, Brett, Befus, Elliot, Bingham, Alex, Allen, Kent, Bourne, Joseph, Wei, Yi, Magargal, Kate, Ganesan, Vellachi, Mendoza, Daniel, Seth, Anil, Harwood, Stacy, Bodson, Marc, Hermans, Tucker & Leang, Kam (2021). Autonomous Light Assessment Drone for Dark Skies Studies. Dynamic Systems and Control Conference, American Society of Mechanical Engineers. Vol. 84287, V002T36A002.
- Garcia, Ivis, Jackson, April, Harwood, Stacy, Greenlee, Andrew, Lee, Augean & Christinger, Benjamin (2021). “Like a Fish Out of Water” The Experience of African American and Latinx Planning Students. Journal of the American Planning Association. Vol. 87(1), 108-122.
- Lee, Meggan, Collins, Jasmine, Harwood, Stacy, Mendenhall, Ruby & Browne Huntt, Margaret (2020). "If you aren't White, Asian or Indian, you aren't an engineer": racial microaggressions in STEM education. International Journal of STEM Education. Vol. 7(48), 1-16.
- Lewis, Jioni, Mendenhall, Ruby, Ojiemwen, Ashley, Thomas, Merin, Rippole, Cameron, Harwood, Stacy Anne & Browne-Huntt, Margaret (2019). Racial Microaggressions and Sense of Belonging at a Historically White University . American Behavioral Scientist.
- Huq, Efadul & Harwood, Stacy (2019). Making Homes Unhomely: The Politics of Displacement in a Gentrifying Neighborhood in Chicago. City & Community. Vol. 18, 710-731.
- Yeo, HyeJin Tina, Mendenhall, Ruby, Harwood, Stacy Anne & Browne Huntt, Margaret (2019). Asian International Student and Asian American Student: Mistaken Identity and Racial Microaggressions. Journal of International Students. Vol. 9, 39-65.
- Harwood, S., Mendenhall, M., Lee, S. S., Riopelle, C. & Huntt, M. B (2018). Everyday Racism in Integrated Spaces: Mapping the Experiences of Students of Color at a Diversifying Predominantly White Institution. Annals of the American Association of Geographers. Vol. 108, 1245-1259.
- Beider, Harris, Harwood, Stacy & Chahal, Kusminder (2017). “The Other America”: White working-class views on belonging, change, identity, and immigration. (pp. 64). Centre for Trust, Peace and Social Relations, Coventry University, Coventry, UK.
- Choi, S. , Lewis, J. A. , Harwood, S. A. , Mendenhall, R. & Huntt, M. B. (2017). Is Ethnic Identity a Buffer? Exploring the Relations Between Racial Microaggressions and Depressive Symptoms Among Asian American Individuals. Journal of Ethnic and Cultural Diversity in Social Work. Vol. 26, 18-29.
- Lewis, Jioni, Mendenhall, Ruby, Harwood, Stacy & Huntt, Margaret Browne (2016). “Ain’t I a Woman?” Perceived Gendered Racial Microaggressions Experienced by Black Women. The Counseling Psychologist. Vol. 44, 758-780.
- Aman, Willow, Harwood, Stacy, Sandoval, Geraldo & Siddhartha, Sen (2015). Teaching Equity and Advocacy Planning in a Multicultural, Post-Racial World. Journal of Planning Education and Research. Vol. 35, 337-342.
- Harwood, Stacy, Choi, Shinwoo, Orozco, Moises, Mendenhall, Ruby & Browne Huntt, Margaret (2015). Racial Microaggressions at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign: Voices of Student of Color in the Classroom. (pp. 20). University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign.
- Harwood, Stacy Anne & Lee, Sang S. (2015). Immigrant-Friendly Community Initiatives: Rustbelt Efforts to Attract and Retain Immigrants. (pp. 236-262). Cities and the Politics of Difference: Multiculturalism and Diversity in Urban Planning, edited by Michael A. Burayidi.
- Harwood, Stacy Anne & Zapata, Marisa (2014). Results from Community-based Learning and Service for Racial Attitudes of White Planning Students. (pp. 210-232). Community Matters: Service-Learning in Design and Planning, edited by Mallika Bose, Paula Horrigan, Cheryl Doble, Sigmund C. Shipp.
- Lewis, J. A., Mendenhall, R., Harwood, S. & Huntt, M. B. (2013). Coping with Gendered Racial Microaggressions Among Black Woman College Students. Journal of African American Studies. Vol. 17, 51-73.
- Harwood, S., Huntt, M. B., Mendenhall, R. & Lewis, J. (2012). Racial Microaggressions in the Residence Halls: Experiences of Students of Color at a Predominantly White University. Journal of Diversity in Higher Education. Vol. 53, 159-173.
- Harwood, Stacy Anne & 36-49 (2012). Planning in the Face of Anti-Immigrant Sentiment: Latino Immigrants and Land-Use Conflict in Orange County, California. Diálogos: Placemaking in Latinos Communities, edited by Michael Rios and Leonardo Vazquez.
- Dearborn, Lynne & Harwood, Stacy (2011). Teaching Students about Complexity: Reflections about an Interdisciplinary Community Service Learning Studio in East St Louis, Illinois. Journal of Urbanism: International Research on Placemaking and Urban Sustainability. Vol. 42, 127-151.
- Harwood, Stacy, Browne Huntt, Margaret & Mendenhall, Ruby (2010). Racial Microaggressions at the University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign: Voices of Students of Color Living in University Housing. (pp. 21). Center for Democracy in a Multiracial Society, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign.
- Harwood, Stacy Anne & Zapata, Marisa (2007). Creating space for hermeneutics in practice: Using visual tools to understand community narratives about the future. Critical Policy Analysis. Vol. 1, 371-388.
- Harwood, Stacy (2007). Geographies of Opportunity for Whom? Neighborhood Improvement Programs as Regulators of Neighborhood Activism. Journal of Planning Education and Research. Vol. 26, 261-271.
- Harwood, Stacy Anne & Zapata, Marisa (2007). Using Scenarios to Build Planning Capacity. (pp. 135-153). Engaging the Future: Forecasts, Scenarios, Plans, and Projects edited by Lewis D. Hopkins and Marisa Zapata.
- Harwood, Stacy & Zapata, Marisa (2006). Preparing to Plan: Collaborative Planning in Monteverde, Costa Rica. International Planning Studies,. International Planning Studies. Vol. 11, 187-207.
- Harwood, Stacy (2005). Struggling to Embrace Difference in Land-Use Decision Making in Multicultural Communities. Planning Practice & Research. Vol. 20, 355-371.
- Myers, David, Hill, Margarita & Harwood, Stacy (2005). Cross Cultural Learning and Study Abroad: Transforming Pedagogical Outcomes. Landscape Journal: Design, Planning and Management of the Land. Vol. 23, 24-38.
- Harwood, Stacy (2003). Environmental Justice on the Streets: Advocacy Planning as a Tool to Contest Environmental Racism. Journal of Planning Education and Research. Vol. 23, 24-38.
- Harwood, Stacy & Harwood, Stacy (2002). The Dynamics of Immigration and Local Governance in Santa Ana: Neighborhood Activism, Overcrowding and Land-Use Policy. Policy Studies Journal. Vol. 30, 70-91.
- Crane, Randall, Daniere, Amrita & Harwood, Stacy (1997). The Contribution of Environmental Amenities to Low Income Housing: Implications for Cost Recovery in Bangkok and Jakarta. Urban Studies. Vol. 34, 1495-1512.