Professor, Psychology Department
Director, Research Network on Adaptations to Childhood Stress, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
Professor, Anthropology Department
- Society for Research in Child Development.
04/01/2021 - 04/01/2024
- Development and Psychopathology.
Role: Developed Special Issue on Dimensions of adversity and co-edited 25 papers.
Special Issue Editor.
01/01/2021 - 03/01/2022
- International Conference of Psychological Science.
Session organizer: Developmental Adaptation to Stress: Longitudinal Tests of an Evolutionary-Developmental Model.
01/02/2019 - 03/31/2019
- Pennsylvania State University .
Role: Consult on research design and publications.
External Advisory Board Member, Translational Center for Child Maltreatment Studies (NIH P50 Capstone Center for Multidisciplinary Research in Child Abuse and Neglect), Pennsylvania State University (PI: Jennie Noll).
04/03/2017 - present
- Netherlands Organization for Scientific Research.
Role: External advisor. This grant includes an RCT of 70 schools in the Netherlands to test the Meaningful Roles intervention (Ellis et al., 2015, Journal of Research on Adolescence)].
External advisor (PI: Renee Veenstra). Anti-bullying programs 2.0: Tailored interventions to minimize bullying. Netherlands Organization for Scientific Research VICI grant.
01/02/2017 - present
- Journal of Evolutionary Psychology.
Advisory Board Member.
01/2014 - present
- Journal of Social, Evolutionary and Cultural Psychology.
Editorial Board Member.
01/2013 - present
- Evolution Institute.
Scientific Advisory Board.
01/2010 - present
- Evolution and Human Behavior.
Editorial Board Member.
01/2006 - present
- Reviewer for CSBS UROP applications.
03/02/2020 - 03/29/2020.
- Research Advisory Committee.
07/2018 - present.
- Retention, Promotion, and Review (RPT) Policy Analysis Committee.
07/2018 - 05/15/2019.
- Consortium for Families and Health Research Executive Committee Member.
Governance and strategic planning for CFAHR,
08/01/2017 - present.
- Personnel Committee.
Member. Conduct faculty reviews,
08/01/2017 - 08/01/2019.
- Developmental Adaptations, Stress, and Health (DASH) research collaborative, Consortium for Families and Health Research.
07/2016 - present.
- Executive Committee, Department of Psychology.
07/01/2016 - 08/01/2017.
- As part of my involvement at the Boys and Girls Clubs of Greater Salt Lake, we organize tours of the UofU for club members. Members of my lab accompany these tours, provide lunch for the club members, and discuss activities in our lab.
01/10/2018 - present
Honors & Awards
- Distinguished Contributions to Interdisciplinary Understanding of Child Development Award, .
Society for Research in Child Development (SRCD),
- Elected Fellow.
Association for Psychological Science,
In the Media