- BS Mass Communication, Public Relations, University of Utah
- Master's of Business Administration, Marketing, Brigham Young University
Andrea B. Thomas is a Professor (Lecturer) of Marketing, Director of the Marketing Lab and Director of Business Scholars at the David Eccles School of Business at the University of Utah. She recently joined the university after a 23-year career in brand management, retail marketing, innovation, and sustainability.
She spent 8 ½ years at Walmart Stores in a variety of roles including:
- Senior Vice President of Marketing for the US business where she was responsible for marketing strategy, brand marketing and local marketing
- SVP of Sustainability which included corporate environmental programs, women’s economic empowerment and the healthy foods initiative
- SVP of Private Brands where she oversaw branding, packaging, product development and sourcing for the $20 billion portfolio of food and consumable brands
Prior to joining Walmart in October 2007, Thomas was Vice President of Global Chocolate for the Hershey Company where she was responsible for platform innovation for Hershey’s portfolio of global brands. Previously, Thomas spent 13 years at PepsiCo where she worked in brand management, innovation, and retail marketing at Frito-Lay and Pizza Hut launching Tostitos Scoops, managing the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl and coordinating the NFL and Disney relationships.