Assistant Professor, History
- Beyond Umweltschutz: Narrative and Visual Responses to Environmental Threats,.
- “East German Water Management Experts in Mongolia, 1960-1980,” German Studies Association Conference, October 2019.
- Round Table, "Toward a Global Perspective in German History," German Studies Association Conference.
- Public Talk on “The Central Powers in World War I,” Utah State Historical Society’s World War I Commission, April 25, 2019.
- “’The Black Triangle’: Environmental Pollution and Frustration in a Central European Borderland,” Association for Slavic, East European & Eurasian Studies.
- “Environmental Activism in East Germany: A Local and Transnational Movement under Communism, 1975-1989,” Social Movements after 1968 Conference, Rutgers University.
- “’God’s Creation’ In and Out of Socialism: Environmentalism, East German Protestant Clergy, and the World Council of Churches, 1975-1985,” German Studies Association Conference.
- Interactive Approaches to Teaching 20th-Century German History, American Historical Association.
- "Defending God's Creation: Dictatorship, Nature, and Society in East Germany," Black Hills State University
Geographical Regions of Interest