Associate Professor, History
- “Reflections on Teaching Statements and the Job Market,” Association for Slavic, East European, Eurasian Studies Conference.
- “Saving Nature Under Socialism: Exploring the Intersections of History and Environmentalism,” Westminster College.
- “Socialist Friendship and Fraught Relations: East German Experts in Mongolia, 1955-1989,” German Studies Association Conference.
- Saving Nature under Socialism (virtual) -- University of Wyoming.
- Beyond Umweltschutz: Narrative and Visual Responses to Environmental Threats,.
- “East German Water Management Experts in Mongolia, 1960-1980,” German Studies Association Conference, October 2019.
- Round Table, "Toward a Global Perspective in German History," German Studies Association Conference.
- Public Talk on “The Central Powers in World War I,” Utah State Historical Society’s World War I Commission, April 25, 2019.
- “’The Black Triangle’: Environmental Pollution and Frustration in a Central European Borderland,” Association for Slavic, East European & Eurasian Studies.
- “Environmental Activism in East Germany: A Local and Transnational Movement under Communism, 1975-1989,” Social Movements after 1968 Conference, Rutgers University.
- “’God’s Creation’ In and Out of Socialism: Environmentalism, East German Protestant Clergy, and the World Council of Churches, 1975-1985,” German Studies Association Conference.
- Interactive Approaches to Teaching 20th-Century German History, American Historical Association.
- "Defending God's Creation: Dictatorship, Nature, and Society in East Germany," Black Hills State University
Geographical Regions of Interest
- Julia E. Ault & Thomas Fleischman (2022). GERMANY, THE ENVIRONMENT, AND THE END OF COMMUNISM: A CONVERSATION. Bloomsbury Publishing.
- Julia E. Ault (2021). Polluted Waters: The Elbe, East German Borders, and Regulating Rivers. Central European History (Cambridge University Press).
- Julia E. Ault (2021). Saving Nature under Socialism: Transnational Environmentalism in East Germany, 1968-1990. Cambridge University Press.
- Julia E. Ault, Friederike Brühöfener, Belinda Davis & Stephen Milder (2021). East German Environmental Activism and the West: Connections, Common Ground, and Difference Across the Iron Curtain. Berghahn Books.
- Julia E. Ault (2020). Review of Thomas Fleischman, Communist Pigs: An Animal History of East Germany's Rise and Fall. Seattle. (pp. 686-687). Vol. 38. German History (Journal), Oxford University Press.