Assistant Professor, College Of Social Work
- Dean’s Diversity Council.
12/2016 - present.
- Reflexive Social Work and Human Behavior in the Social Environment Sequence Curriculum Committee.
10/2016 - present.
- MSW Advisory Committee.
09/2016 - present.
- MSW Practice Committee.
08/2015 - present.
Honors & Awards
- Fellow, Geriatric Workforce Enhancement Program (GWEP).
University of Utah,
- Fellow, Center for Teaching & Learning Excellence (CTLE), Transforming Classrooms into Inclusive Communities (TCIC.
University of Utah,
- Warren G. Magnuson Scholar.
University of Washington,
- Grants Technical Assistance Workshop on Aging Research for Emerging Investigators & Students.
National Institute on Aging,
- Predoctoral Dissertation Initiative Scholar.
Association for Gerontological Education in Social Work,
LGBTQ Affirmative Therapists Guild
10/2015 - present
Aging with Pride: National Health, Aging & Sexuality/Gender Study
01/2010 - present
In the Media
- KRCL Radio, (2017). Women’s issues from a male perspective: At the intersection of feminism, masculinity, and race (with Copeland Johnson, Billy Palmer [co-host], and David Derezotes [co-host]). Radioactive: The Radical Middle. 08/2017.
- Study finds military service boosts well-being for transgender vets. United Press International [USA]. 07/2017.
- Academic Minute: Transgender Older Adults and the Military. Inside Higher Ed/WAMC National Public Radio [USA]. 07/2017.
- SAGE Advice: Group of elders aims to bridge the LGBTQ generational gap. City Weekly: The Pride Issue, [Salt Lake City, UT]. 06/2017.
- Research discovers army support increases well-being with regard to transgender vets. Scoil Naomh Eoin Primary School [Ireland]. 05/2017.
- Study finds military service boosts well-being for transgender vets. JabNews [Germany]. 05/2017.
- KRCL Radio, (2016). Aging in Utah [with Luptak, M., & Andersen, T.]. Radioactive: The Radical Middle [Utah]. 06/2016.
- Aging lavender population grabs research spotlight. The Pride: The Los Angeles LGBT Newspaper [USA]. 03/2015.
- Trans*forming healthcare: Increasing visibility around trans*specific health risks. SIECUS [USA]. 05/2013.