I am interested in understanding human-environment interactions during climatic change with a particular focus on how human behaviors and local ecologies influence dietary change, inequality, territoriality, cooperation, and defense. I work in the Central Andes, particularly Perú, and western North America where I apply statistical, geospatial, digital, and agent based modeling techniques to ethnographic, palaeoecological, and archaeological data. For more see: https://wilsonkurt.github.io/
- PhD, Anthropology: Archaeology, University of Utah
- M.A., Anthropology, Iowa State University
- Graduate Certificate, Geographic Information Systems, Iowa State University
- M.Ed., Higher Education, Iowa State University
- B.A., History, University of Wisconsin - La Crosse
For an overview of my recent and ongoing research, please see https://wilsonkurt.github.io/.