Intro: Human NatureLocation: CANVAS (CANVAS)
Adv. Ancient PhilosophyLocation: CTIHB 459 (CTIHB 459)
Adv. Ancient Philosophy
- Society of Christian Philosophers. 02/01/2021 - present. Position : Member.
- American Catholic Philosophical Association. 02/01/2021 - present. Position : Member.
- American Philosophical Association. 08/01/2016 - present. Position : Member.
- International Society for the History, Philosophy, and Social Studies of Biology. 04/24/2015 - present. Position : Member.
- Ancient Philosophy Society. 04/01/2013 - present. Position : Member.
I continually teach with an eye toward properly balancing structured presentation and active student learning. By ensuring the accessibility of class material through carefully chosen analogies, examples, and questions throughout my structured presentation, I provide students with the information and skills necessary to achieve intellectual growth through active participation. At the same time, I provide them with the motivation to actively participate by stimulating interest in class material through responsiveness to their particular questions and encouragement of their ideas in dialogue. My central aim is for students to come to a clear understanding and appreciation of the philosophical questions we explore as well as some ways of responding to these questions, while developing their own skills in reasoning and argumentation as they evaluate the arguments and views of others, develop their own arguments, and clarify or shed new light on their own views.