Special TopicsLocation: M LI 1715 (M LI 1715)
Serious GamesLocation: M LI 1715 (M LI 1715)
- Patent and Trademark Resource Center Association. 03/01/2018 - present. Position : Member.
- Association of College & Research Libraries. 02/2018 - present. Position : Member.
- American Library Association. 02/2018 - present. Position : Member.
- Midcontinental Chapter of the Medical Library Association (MCMLA). 08/2012 - present. Position : Member.
- Utah Library Association. 08/2012 - present. Position : Member.
- Rocky Mountain Chapter of the Special Libraries Association. 08/2012 - 12/2018. Position : Member.
- Medical Library Association. 08/2011 - 12/2018. Position : Member.
- Special Libaries Association. 08/2011 - 12/2018. Position : Member.
Students should be engaged in the learning process by tackling real-world problems, experimenting, and developing solutions. They should be able to find, evaluate, and apply information into their research or innovation projects. I strive to foster these objectives through interactive learning activities, hands-on practice, and educational technologies.
I co-teach Serious Games in the spring semesters (2016-present). This course is divided into serious games themes (i.e. health, military, art, education). The students learn about these serious games themes, research existing games and literature on their game concept, pitch their game idea, seek stakeholder input, create the serious game, and finally perform user testing on their game. Most games are presented at EAE Day, a public demonstration day in April.
Career as Product
Career as Product is an asynchronous online 1-credit course offered as an elective in Pharmacy. It utilizes the business model canvas as a framework for outlining and planning your career.
- Marriott Library Online One-Stop Resource (self-paced Canvas course). Project Lead: Donna Ziegenfuss. Collaborators: Alfred Mowdood, Lorelei Rutledge. 04/2020 - present.
- Searching Tips & Tricks. Project Lead: Casucci T. Created a Canvas Commons module on searching library databases. 01/2017 - 01/2018.
- Evaluating Information. Project Lead: Casucci T, and Wimmer EN. Created a Canvas Commons module on evaluating information. 01/2017 - 01/2018.
- The Game of Research. Project Lead: Casucci T, Wimmer EN, and Baluchi D. We modified the board game, The Game of Life, into a research-related teaching tool called The Game of Research. 10/2016 - present.