Assistant Professor, Art/Art History Department
Associate Professor, Art/Art History Department
- Search Committee Chair for Career-line search.
Search Committee Chair,
07/01/2020 - present.
- UMFA Campus Advisory Committee.
11/09/2012 - 01/01/2013.
- Donated catalogs and other written materials to the Locust Projects Library. Locust Projects is a non-profit art organization in Miami, Florida and the library is available to artists and the community at large.
03/06/2013 - 03/06/2013
Honors & Awards
- Teaching Grant for collaborative project across disciplines with Light, Sound, Video, Movement and Installation/Performance in collaboration with Brent Schneider and Fall Semester classes Art 4460 Intermedia/Environmental Installation and Dance 6461 University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah.
University of Utah,
- Honors Professorship for Honors class Art, Action and the Environment to be taught in Spring 2015.
University of Utah Honors College,
- Salt Lake City Corporation, Utah.
Selected for Pre-qualified Public Artist Pool,
- Utah Arts & Museums, Salt Lake City, Utah, $10,000.
Utah Visual Arts Fellowship,
- URC Faculty Research & Creative Grant, $6,000 for the creation of the installation, "The Glass Garden".
- Creative Research Grant for "Black Holes and Silver Linings", an interdisciplinary installation to be shown in NY in May 2013.
University of Utah, College of Fine Arts,
- Travel Grant.
University of Utah, College of Fine Arts, Dept. of Art& Art History,
- Rio Mesa Young Scholars Award, $2,000 for creating images and video for the "Contained" series and the printing of 5 large format photographs.
- Individual Artist Fellowship.
Florida Division of Cultural Affairs,
- John Ringling Towers Artist Award.
Sarasota Arts Council,
- South Florida Consortium.
Miami-Dade Division of Cultural Affairs,
- Artist Enhancement Grant.
State of Florida Division of Cultural Affairs,
- Artist Grant.
- Artist Access Grant.
In the Media
- Included in online video from the show Unnatural at the Bass Museum of Art in Miami Beach. 01/01/2013.
- Art Basel Miami Beach Magazine, Miami Herald. Pg. 52DD. 12/02/2012.
- Unnatural, Exhibition Catalog, The Bass Museum of Art, color reproduction of Puddled II. 09/2012.
- The Miami Herald, An Unnatural Twist on Nature by Anne Tschida. 09/2012.
- On View Magazine, Unnatural, color reproduction of Puddled II. 08/2012.
- Florence Biennale, Exhibition Catalog, color reproduction of Still Searching. 12/2011.
- Sculpture Magazine, Sculpture on Governor's Island, by Karen Gover, color reproduction of Murmur. 11/2010.
- Aesthetics & Values, Exhibition Catalog, Color Reproduction of Incandescence, Cover image. 03/2010.
- Art News, Shadows, Disappearances and Illusions. 11/2008.
- Art in America, Report from Miami: after the fair(s) by Roni Feinstein. 01/2008.
- Miami Contemporary Artists, color reproduction of Ariadne's Thread and Full to Wailing and Back Again. 11/2007.
- Running Around the Pool, Exhibition catalog, color reproduction of Longing and Sun Spot Diaries. 03/2007.
- Fatamorgana, Exhibition catalog, color reproduction of Ariadne's Thread and Feeling Blue. 11/2006.
- Miami Arts Explosion, pgs 8,68 by Alfredo Triff. 05/2006.
- Art in America, Report from Miami: Expanding Horizons by Roni Feinstein. 12/2003.
- Atlantica, The Relevant Structure by Antonio Zayas. 09/2003.
- Sculpture Magazine, Miami supports Miami by Anne Morgan. 12/2001.
- Art in America, Report from Miami Part II; Miami Heats Up by Roni Feinstein. 11/1999.