- Type 2 Diabetes
- Obesity management
- Diabetes prevention
- Clinical Inertia
- Cardiovascular Risk Reduction
- Diabetes Updates 2020 Snowbird CME Conference. Presentation, Presented, 08/06/2020.
- Diagnosis and Management of the Diabetic Patient. Presentation, Presented, 11/15/2016.
- Reproductive Issues in Women with Diabetes (Diabetes Telehealth Webinar Presentation for the Utah Department of Health). Invited Talk/Keynote, Presented, 09/21/2016.
- Family Practice Grand Rounds Presenter. Title of Presentation: Identifying and Managing Risk for Diabetes and Heart Disease--Prevention in the Age of Personalized Medicine. Presentation, Presented, 05/18/2016.
- 3rd Annual Regional Women's Health Conference, University of Utah, "Cardiovascular and Diabetes Risk in Women: What do We Target?". Invited Talk/Keynote, Presented, 04/11/2014.
- Dean's Distinguished Lecturer, University of South Florida, Tampa: Predictors of Insulin Readiness in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes. Presentation, Presented, 05/08/2012.
- Research Presentation at the Northern Kentucky Nursing Research Collaborative "When are Patients with Type 2 Diabetes Ready for Insulin Therapy?" . Invited Talk/Keynote, Presented, 02/25/2012.
- Invited Presentation for Cincinnati Public Health Department Nurses: Obtaining the Pediatric History & Performing an Advanced Pediatric Health Assessment. Invited Talk/Keynote, Presented, 06/22/2007.
- Abstract Presentation at the Oncology Nursing Society Congress in San Antonio, TX: Effect of the Sensor Pad on Lump Detection in Simulated Breast Models. Presentation, Presented, 05/1991.
Grants, Contracts & Research Gifts
- An Interprofessional Education Model for Telehealth Management of Multiple Chronic Health Conditions in Rural Populations. PI: Pamela L. Phares, PhD, APRN-BC. HRSA, 07/01/2013 - 01/01/2015. Total project budget to date: $1,124,896.00
- An interprofessional model of care to reduce clinical inertia and improve health literacy, numeracy, and clinical outcomes in patients with uncontrolled type 2 diabetes within a primary care setting. PI: Pamela Phares. 12/2013 - 09/2014.
- Predictors of Readiness to Initiate Insulin Therapy in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes When Oral Medications Fail to Control Hyperglycemia. PI: Pamela Phares. 05/02/2011 - 11/30/2011.
- Promoting Healthy Homes Through Primary Care: Freedom from Radon and Smoking in the Home (FRESH Pilot Study). PI: Ellen Hahn. 04/01/2010 - 10/31/2010.
- English, fluent.
- French, functional.
- That Itchy, Scratchy Rash. Published, 10/2000.