Piccolo/Flute, Utah Symphony Orchestra
Altus Artist, Altus Flutes
Adjunct Associate Professor, School Of Music
- Performed on NOVA Chamber Music Series' concert playing on Nathalie Joachim's "Seen" and Sarah Kirkland Snider's "You Are Free".
- National Flute Association Convention-Solo performer on "Piccolopalozza #3: Celebrating the Piccolo Artist Competition.".
- National Flute Association Convention-Judge for the Semi-Final round for the Piccolo Artist Competition.
- Grand Teton Music Festival Chamber concert-North American premiere of "Octavion" for piccolo and piano with Utah Symphony pianist, Jason Hardink.
- I performed a trio concerto with my University of Utah flute colleagues and the University's flute choir, the Runnin' Fl'Utes.
- I gave a shared recital with my Utah Symphony colleagues at the National Flute Association's annual convention.
- I performed a recital at Oklahoma State University.
- I gave a masterclass for the flute studio at Oklahoma State University, working with 4 students.
- I gave the world premiere of Simon Holt's work, 'Gelsomina', with my University of Utah colleague Keith Carrick. I also performed a sonata by Mel Bonis with Vedrana Subotic.
- I soloed with the Utah Symphony, performing "Memoriale" by Pierre Boulez.
- I gave a piccolo masterclass at Utah State University.
- I performed the world premiere of Simon Holt's piccolo concerto "Fool is Hurt" with the Nova Chamber Music Series, conducted by Maestro Thierry Fischer.
- I performed the Utah premiere of Matthias Pintscher's solo flute work "beyond (a system of passing)".
- Erica Peel & Caitlyn Valovick-Moore, Sara Andon, Carole Bean, Christine Erlander Beard, Cindy Ellis, Nicholas Fitton, Kate Flum, Gudrun Hinze, Sarah Jackson, Mindy Kaufman, Nicola Mazzanti, Jenni Olson, Marta Rossi, Rena Urso, Regina Helcher Yost, Jeff Zook (2020). Practice with the Experts. (pp. 33). Vol. 1. self-published PDF.
- This article in the September 2016 edition of Flute Talk magazine is an interview that I gave that includes piccolo playing tips, thoughts on repertoire and insights into orchestral piccolo performance.