Adjunct Assistant Professor, School Of Biological Sciences
Adjunct Assistant Professor, Department Of Biochemistry
- Safavi-Hemami H, Li Q, Jackson RL, Song AS, Boomsma W, Bandyopadhyay PK, Gruber CW, Purcell AW, Yandell M, Olivera BM & Ellgaard L (2016). Rapid expansion of the protein disulfide isomerase gene family facilitates the folding of venom peptides. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. Vol. 113, 3227-32.
- Gorasia DG, Dudek NL, Safavi-Hemami H, Perez RA, Schittenhelm RB, Saunders PM, Wee S, Mangum JE, Hubbard MJ & Purcell AW (2016). A prominent role of PDIA6 in processing of misfolded proinsulin. Biochimica et biophysica acta. Vol. 1864, 715-23.
- Robinson SD, Chhabra S, Belgi A, Chittoor B, Safavi-Hemami H, Robinson AJ, Papenfuss AT, Purcell AW & Norton RS (2016). A Naturally Occurring Peptide with an Elementary Single Disulfide-Directed β-Hairpin Fold. Structure (London, England : 1993). Vol. 24, 293-9.
- Aman JW, Imperial JS, Ueberheide B, Zhang MM, Aguilar M, Taylor D, Watkins M, Yoshikami D, Showers-Corneli P, Safavi-Hemami H, Biggs J, Teichert RW & Olivera BM (2015). Insights into the origins of fish hunting in venomous cone snails from studies of Conus tessulatus. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. Vol. 112, 5087-92.
- Gorasia DG, Dudek NL, Veith PD, Shankar R, Safavi-Hemami H, Williamson NA, Reynolds EC, Hubbard MJ & Purcell AW (2015). Pancreatic beta cells are highly susceptible to oxidative and ER stresses during the development of diabetes. Journal of proteome research. Vol. 14, 688-99.
- Safavi-Hemami H, Gajewiak J, Karanth S, Robinson SD, Ueberheide B, Douglass AD, Schlegel A, Imperial JS, Watkins M, Bandyopadhyay PK, Yandell M, Li Q, Purcell AW, Norton RS, Ellgaard L & Olivera BM (2015). Specialized insulin is used for chemical warfare by fish-hunting cone snails. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. Vol. 112, 1743-8.
- Robinson SD, Safavi-Hemami H, Raghuraman S, Imperial JS, Papenfuss AT, Teichert RW, Purcell AW, Olivera BM & Norton RS (2015). Discovery by proteogenomics and characterization of an RF-amide neuropeptide from cone snail venom. Journal of proteomics. Vol. 114, 38-47.
- Safavi-Hemami H, Hu H, Gorasia DG, Bandyopadhyay PK, Veith PD, Young ND, Reynolds EC, Yandell M, Olivera BM & Purcell AW (2014). Combined proteomic and transcriptomic interrogation of the venom gland of Conus geographus uncovers novel components and functional compartmentalization. Molecular & cellular proteomics : MCP. Vol. 13, 938-53.
- Safavi-Hemami H, Möller C, Marí F & Purcell AW (2013). High molecular weight components of the injected venom of fish-hunting cone snails target the vascular system. Journal of proteomics. Vol. 91, 97-105.
- Safavi-Hemami H, Gorasia DG, Steiner AM, Williamson NA, Karas JA, Gajewiak J, Olivera BM, Bulaj G & Purcell AW (2012). Modulation of conotoxin structure and function is achieved through a multienzyme complex in the venom glands of cone snails. The Journal of biological chemistry. Vol. 287, 34288-303.
- Safavi-Hemami H, Siero WA, Gorasia DG, Young ND, Macmillan D, Williamson NA & Purcell AW (2011). Specialisation of the venom gland proteome in predatory cone snails reveals functional diversification of the conotoxin biosynthetic pathway. Journal of proteome research. Vol. 10, 3904-19.
- Safavi-Hemami H, Siero WA, Kuang Z, Williamson NA, Karas JA, Page LR, MacMillan D, Callaghan B, Kompella SN, Adams DJ, Norton RS & Purcell AW (2011). Embryonic toxin expression in the cone snail Conus victoriae: primed to kill or divergent function?. The Journal of biological chemistry. Vol. 286, 22546-57.
- Safavi-Hemami H, Young ND, Williamson NA & Purcell AW (2010). Proteomic interrogation of venom delivery in marine cone snails: novel insights into the role of the venom bulb. Journal of proteome research. Vol. 9, 5610-9.
- Safavi-Hemami H, Bulaj G, Olivera BM, Williamson NA & Purcell AW (2010). Identification of Conus peptidylprolyl cis-trans isomerases (PPIases) and assessment of their role in the oxidative folding of conotoxins. The Journal of biological chemistry. Vol. 285, 12735-46.