Professor, School Of Biological Sciences
- Entomological Society of America Annual Meeting.
"Global advances in ant phylogenomics" [symposium organizer].
11/2020 - present
- Insect Systematics and Diversity.
01/2018 - present
- La Selva Biological Station.
La Selva Advisory Committee.
01/2006 - 12/2014
01/01/2004 - present
- California Academy of Sciences.
Instructor for Ant Course.
01/2001 - present
- Museum of Science, Boston.
Advisory Committee, "Finding the Pattern" exhibit development.
01/01/1997 - 12/31/1999
01/01/1995 - 12/31/2006
- College of Science Council .
01/2019 - 12/2021.
- Senate Consolidated Hearing Committee (2016-present).
06/2016 - present.
- Curriculum Committee (2015-2017, Chair).
06/2015 - 07/2017.
- Associate Chair.
07/2014 - 07/2017.
- Strategic Scheduling for Student Success (S4) committee (2014-2015).
07/2014 - 06/2015.
- Funding Incentive Seed Grant Program Committee (2014-present), .
01/2014 - present.
- Dean of College of Science search committee (2013).
01/2013 - 12/2013.
- Executive Committee of Academic Senate.
01/01/2013 - 06/2015.
- College of Science search Committee.
01/01/2013 - 12/31/2013.
- Department of Biology Executive Committee.
01/2012 - 01/2017.
- Academic Senate.
01/2012 - 05/2015.
- Department of Biology Graduate Program.
01/2012 - 01/2015.
- College of Science Dean's Kitchen Cabinet.
01/2012 - 12/31/2014.
- Constant Wonder (interview; BYU radio).
11/16/2019 - 11/16/2019
- "Ant expert discovers new Utah species in backyard" (interview, KSL radio, Salt Lake City .
11/13/2019 - 11/13/2019
- guest lectures, University of Utah INSPIRE program (Initiative to Bring Science Programs to the Incarcerated), "Go to the Ant", Draper Prison.
02/17/2015 - 02/17/2015
- guest lectures, University of Utah INSPIRE program (Initiative to Bring Science Programs to the Incarcerated), "Go to the Ant", Salt Lake County Jail,.
08/14/2014 - 08/14/2014
Honors & Awards
- E. O. Wilson Naturalist Award, American Society of Naturalists.
- Edward Horn Award in Zoology.
- National Science Foundation Graduate Fellowship to the University of Texas, Austin.