Epistemological Pers.Location: CANVAS (CANVAS)
- Association of Pediatric Oncology Social Workers. 07/01/2016 - present. Position : Member.
- Association of Pediatric Oncology Social Workers. 07/01/2012 - 06/30/2016. Position : Board member as research and publication chair.
- Council on Social Work Education. 08/2011 - present. Position : Member.
- National Association of Social Workers. 08/2010 - present. Position : Member.
Teaching exists for learning. I believe the best learning in class settings can be achieved with everyone participating and contributing their own professional and personal expertise to the class. My classes are driven by empowerment and strength-based models. I cherish teacher-student relationships.
Research for Social Work Practice
MSW required course
Philosophical and epistemological perspectives, their connections to ontology, methodology, and methods in research
Using Mixed Methods
Philosophical foundations and study designs of mixed methodology in social work research
- Individual Research Study on coauthoring a publication on parenting changes among mothers of childhood cancer survivors. 08/22/2016 - present