Graduate Teaching Asst (E), Communication
My research examines the role of digital rhetoric in social movements within a global context. My dissertation, China, Social Media, and Environmental Protest:
Civic Engagement on Networks of Screens and Streets, focuses specifically on Chinese social media as it relates to environmental activism.
- Digital Rhetoric, Interest Level: 5
- Post-Structural Theory, Interest Level: 4
- New Media Activism, Interest Level: 5
- Visual Rhetoric, Interest Level: 5
- Contemporary Rhetorical Theory & Criticism, Interest Level: 4
- Chinese Language or Literature, Interest Level: 4
Grants, Contracts & Research Gifts
“Imaging New Alternatives: Risky Social Change and Wild New Public Spheres in China” .
PI: Kevin DeLuca.
Co-PI(s): Elizabeth Brunner, Wu Fei.
Waterhouse Family Institute Grant (WFI),
08/2013 - 08/2014.
Total project budget to date: $10,000.00
“Imaging the Effects of Air Pollution: A Collaborative Project Between Salt Lake City and Beijing” .
PI: Elizabeth Brunner.
Co-PI(s): Kevin DeLuca.
Sustainable Campus Initiative Fund (SCIF) ,
07/15/2013 - present.
Total project budget to date: $14,415.00