Associate Professor (Clinical), Urban Institute for Teacher Education
Adjunct Instructor, Educational Psychology
- Dr. Udita Gupta & Dr. Robert Zheng (2020). Cognitive Load in Solving Mathematics Problems: Validating the Role of Motivation and the Interaction Among Prior Knowledge, Worked Examples and Task Difficulty. European Journal of STEM Education. Vol. 5(1), 14.
- Udita Gupta (2019). Interplay of Germane Load and Motivation During Math Problem Solving using Worked Examples. Educational Research: Theory and Practice.
- Burbank, M. & Bates, A., Gupta, U. (2016). The Influence of Teacher Development on Secondary Content Area Supervision among Preservice Teachers. The Teacher Educator. Vol. 51, 55-69.
- Zheng, R., Udita, G., & Dewald, A. (2012). Does the format of pretraining matter? A study on the effects of different pretraining approaches on prior knowledge construction in an online environment. International Journal of Cyber Behavior, Psychology and Learning, 2(2), 35-47.
Cognitive Load Theory
- Making Your ELL Instruction Count: Practice and Reflection Based Approach for Pre-Service Teachers. Poster Presentation at Carnegie Foundation Summit, San Francisco, USA.
- Reflective Practices in Teacher Education. Poster Presentation at Carnegie Foundation Summit, San Francisco, USA.
- How Reflective Practices Impact Secondary Pre-Service Teachers? Presentation at Association for Teacher Education (ATE), Atlantic City, New Jersey, USA.
- Reflective Practices in Higher Education.
- “Mirror! Mirror! What is Reflection?” .
- How critical is the role of prior knowledge and element interactivity in math?
- This was a poster presentation.
Topic: Interplay of Germane Load and Motivation During Math Problem Solving using Worked Examples.
Conference: Northern Rocky Mountain Educational Research Association (NRMERA)
- Gupta, U., Zheng, R. (March 2017). Managing Cognitive Load during Complex Learning: A Study on Worked Examples and Element Interactivity. Poster Presentation at International Convention of Psychological Science (ICPS) Annual Conference. Vienna, Austria.