- Paradigm (non-)uniformity of continuously-valued features in an exemplar framework. Poster presented at the American International Phonology Meeting.
- Andrew Bayles, Aaron Kaplan, and Abby Kaplan. "Intra- and inter-speaker variation in French schwa: Implications for theories of optionality." Poster presented at Phonology (University of Massachusetts, Amherst).
- Abby Kaplan. "Modeling positional neutralization in an exemplar framework." Poster presented at the Old World Conference in Phonology (Bogazici University).
- Abby Kaplan. "A highly improbable data point." Journal of Chinese Linguistics 43(2): 710-713.
- Abby Kaplan and Yuka Muratani. "Categorical and gradient homophony avoidance: Evidence from Japanese." Laboratory Phonology 6(2): 167-195.
- Andrew Wedel, Scott Jackson, and Abby Kaplan. "Functional load and the lexicon: Evidence that syntactic category and frequency relationships in minimal lemma pairs predict the loss of phoneme contrasts." Language and Speech 56(3): 395-417.
- Andrew Wedel, Abby Kaplan, and Scott Jackson. "High functional load inhibits phonological contrast loss: A corpus study." Cognition 128(2): 179-186.
- Abby Kaplan. "Lexical sensitivity to phonetic and phonological pressures." In Origins of Sound Change: Approaches to Phonologization, Alan C. L. Yu, ed. Oxford: Oxford University Press. 149-164.
- Abby Kaplan. "How much homophony is normal?" Journal of Linguistics 47(3): 631-671.
- Abby Kaplan. "Perceptual pressures on lenition." Language and Speech 54(3): 285-305.