- DEREK HOFF (2018) “Dry Beer, Lively Contest: Crowning Miss Rheingold at the Crest of the Consensus”. Conference Paper, Presented, 04/06/2018.
Geographical Regions of Interest
In 2022, I taught a Dutch-forward version of the History of Global Capitalism, and I am returning to Amsterdam in the summer of 2023.
- Derek Hoff & Barreyre, Nicolas, and Blin, Alexia (2022). Civil Institutions and Democratic Life in the United States. In Honor of Olivier Zunz: Introduction. The Tocqueville Review. Vol. 43, 61-67.
Discipline based - refereed,
- Derek Hoff & Yao, Guiguo and Wyman, Robert (2022). Asserting Morality, Ignoring Reality: China’s One-Child Policy, American Conservatives, and the Elimination of U.S. Funding for the United Nations Population Fund. Histories. Discipline based - refereed, Accepted, 08/2022.
- “The Worsening of the Great Depression: Hoovervilles, Bank Crises, Farm Troubles,” in A Companion to Warren G. Harding, Calvin Coolidge, and Herbert Hoover, ed. Katherine Sibley (Wiley-Blackwell, 2014). Published, 10/2014.
- The State and the Stork: The Population Debate and Policy Making in US History (University of Chicago Press, 2012). Published, 10/2012.
- Fighting Foreclosure: The Blaisdell Case, the Contract Clause, and the Great Depression, with John Fliter (University Press of Kansas, 2012). Published, 10/2012.