Graduate Student, College of Social and Behavioral Science
Postdoc Fellow, Sociology Department
- Young, Yvette & Geist, Claudia (2017). The Gender of Joiners: Exploring the Impact of Gender, Development, and Inequality on Membership in Voluntary Associations. Sociology of Development. Vol. 3, 346-376.
- Young, Yvette (2014). Social Context and Social Capital: Governance, Inequality, and the Individual Experience. International Journal of Sociology. Vol. 44, 37-62.
- Young, Yvette. “Social Context and Social Capital: Decomposing the Effects of Governance on Social Capital.” Paper accepted for presentation at the 3rd Annual Conference of the Sociology of Development section of the American Sociological Association. Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Stewart, Julie, Neal Caren, Tom Quinn and Yvette Young. “An Exploration of Immigrant Political Participation: Towards a Life Course Perspective.” Paper presented by Julie Stewart at the 108th Annual Meetings of the American Sociological Association. New York City, New York.
- Young, Yvette. “Employment Patterns Among Utah Refugees.” Global Studies Association of North America Annual Conference. Palo Alto, California.
- Young, Yvette. “The Interplay of Social Capital and Gender in Development Contexts.” Pacific Sociological Association Annual Conference. San Diego, California.
- Young, Yvette. “Development Through Social Capital: Approaches and Insights for Low-Income Countries.” Western Social Science Association Annual Conference. Salt Lake City, Utah.