- 2015-2016 Bennion Center Faculty Fellow: Emotion Perception Study in after school/non-traditional educational settings. Work: Designing integrated units for children and youth in an inclusive space. Investigation/Inquiry: Do inclusive integrated art activities support behavior and high levels of engagement in an after school setting? Work to be completed Fall 2017. Utilizing theatre and movement, the study will look at developing tools alongside youth to help them self identify behaviors and preferences as to what supports their emotional and academic success in settings with multiple means of stimuli. Performance, in progress 08/17/2015.
- College of Fine Arts, University of Utah. Audience: college faculty, chairs, and directors. Remote Fine Arts Instruction Best Practices. Presentation, Presented, 08/07/2020.
- Office for Faculty and Academic Affairs, University of Utah. Audience: university faculty, chairs, and directors. Remote Synchronous & Asynchronous Teaching Methods. Presentation, Presented, 07/29/2020.
- Co-presenter: Kennedy Center’s Very Special Arts Intersections: Arts and Special Education Conference. Research Presentation Title: Inclusion in the elementary art classroom- peer partners, students with diverse abilities. Atlanta, GA.
- Presenter for the UAEYC Utah County Early Childhood Playshops Series: Playing with the Arts. Provided a creative drama workshop for 33 preschool-third grade teachers entitled, Imagination Celebration utilizing storytelling and simple props. Presentation, Presented, 01/20/2018.
- Featured BlockU Community Engaged Faculty at the Bennion Center's Lunch and Learn entitled: Community-engaged Learning Faculty/Student Showcase. My BlockU Arts and Advocacy students shared our partnership and the work we co-created with the youth at Bryant Middle School that were in the theatre and dance class first period. The research topic was bullying and the long-lasting effects it has on victims and offenders the rest of their lives. Four students shared their research, projects, and community engaged learning outcomes with faculty from across campus. Presentation, Presented, 04/12/2017.
- Presenter for Utah Dance Education Organization's K-6 grade elementary dance educators. Presentation, Presented, 11/05/2016.
- Presenter for the Utah Arts Education Association's Northern Conference at the University of Utah. Taught classroom teachers and specialists in the arts techniques to connect visual arts and theatre teaching strategies to the core curriculum. Presentation, Presented, 09/24/2016.
I am proposing a two phase international arts education research project to be completed over two years with a team from Aalborg University. Phase 1 includes: Sharing of articles, videos, interests, and research via CANVAS. Skyping in focus groups to generate: webinars where the international team writes a video-based mutual competence development tool for university teachers/lecturers, based on exchanges of teaching experiences, teaching methods, as well as educational progression and facilitation. We will experiment with ways in which facilitating creative learning processes may be possible by means of video-conferences. The purpose would be to develop cross-cultural knowledge on creative and innovative teaching and learning, and how arts and cultural production contribute to learning. Implementing a project based on our questions and experiments that emerge from our competence development to compare and contrast creative learning processes in diverse classrooms. Phase 2 includes: U of U team travels to Denmark (or to a conference abroad) to collaborate, share, implement, present, teach in local classrooms, and/or research further investigations.