Librarian, Marriott Library
Librarian, Marriott Library
- American Medical Informatics Association 2018 AMIA Educators Conference.
Role: Committee Member.
2018 Conference Planning and Evaluation Committee: Role: Work as a member of the executive conference committee for the Educator Forum to be held in June 2018. Planned conference framework, reviewed proposals, planned conference and conducted evaluation.
02/2018 - 06/30/2018
- American Society fo Engineering Education (ASEE) .
Role: Conference Paper Reviewer.
Conference Paper Reviewer.
09/01/2017 - 12/31/2018
- Educause and Educause Learning Initiiatve (ELI).
Role: Conference Proposal Reviewer.
Conference Proposal Reviewer. Served as a conference proposal reviewer for the for the Educause Learning Initative (ELI) and Educause Conference Proposals Hours Served: -.
09/19/2016 - present
- NWCCU - Site Team Evaluator.
Role: Librarian on the Site Team.
A Site visit team member on NWCCU Accreditation Site Visits .
02/2016 - present
- Conference Proposal Reviewer.
Role: Conference Proposal Reviewer.
Served as a conference proposal reviewer for the 2016 Library Instruction West Conference and continuing to present.
11/02/2015 - 10/31/2017
- Journal Reviewer.
Serve as a journal and conference reviewer for a variety of journals, books and conferences such as the Journal of Information Literacy (JIL) in the UK, Distance Learning Conference Proposal, the American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE) Conference, Education Sciences, Packt Publisher, The International Journal of Academic Development (IJAD), Journal of Information Literacy, Education Sciences, Journal of Education and Developmental Psychology (JEDP), Higher Education Studies (HES), and the Merlot Journal of Online Learning and Teaching (JOLT).
01/2014 - present
- Professional Membership in ALA, ACRL and ULA .
I am a member of the Americal Library Association, Association of College Research Libraries and The Utah Library Association.
11/13/2013 - present
- Greater Western Library Alliance.
Role: Member, Lead an Qualitative research Study 2011-2013.
Student Learning Outcomes Taskforce.
09/05/2011 - 12/31/2013
- 2019 Tenure-Line RPT committee.
03/2019 - present.
- The Research Education Taskforce
I will be serving of the Research Education Taskforce to help revise curriculum, design and redesign online courses for RATs and PICA.
01/2019 - present.
- RPT Review Committee for tenure-track librarians.
08/2018 - 10/2018.
- SEBS Committee
I have served on the SEBS committee since 2017 as a committee member.
07/2017 - present.
- Assessment Working Group: In 2012 I became a member of the Planning and Assessment Council to work on library assessment projects. This group went on hiatus and resumed in 2016 as a working on group to focus on developing a culture of assessment in the library.
05/19/2016 - present.
- A member of the Graduate Student Writing Taskforce with a charge from the Graduate School to improve graduate level writing and hire a graduate writing coordinator.
01/05/2016 - 04/07/2017.
- Credit and Admissions Committee. Services on this university-wide Faculty Senate Committee that investigates admission requirements, admissions repeals and recommendations to the Office of Admissions.
08/07/2015 - present.
- Library Services Committee.
07/16/2015 - 06/2017.
- General Education Curriculum Committee.
09/01/2014 - 09/01/2017.
- Marriott Library For-Credit Curriculum Committee.
09/01/2014 - 07/15/2016.
- Learning Enhancement and Outcomes Assessment Ad Hoc Committee.
01/01/2014 - 06/01/2015.
- Marriott Library Graduate Services Committee.
01/01/2013 - present.
- OERWest Network representative, Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE). This western state network focuses on the topic of OER and promoting it in our states and institutions.
04/2021 - present
- Natural History Museum of Utah (NHMU) collaboration on creating an online course that is used for professional development of Utah K-12 teachers learning how to use NHMU ResearchQuest modules, interactive teaching resources and reference materials.
07/2015 - 09/2015
- Consultations and shared projects. I consulted with a variety of department and colleges by providing advise on assessment and evaluation, curriculum assistance, online course design and qualitative research projects in departments. In 2018 I provided 41 hours of service across campus.
01/2018 - 12/2018
- Marriott Library Campus Outreach events. I participate outreach meetings and events to promote the Marriott Library services across campus such as campus committee meetings, information fair, and graduate events, and tabling events.
03/12/2015 - present
- K-12 Research Support and WRTG 2010 Concurrent Course Support. I provided hands-on library instruction sessions and occasional follow-up consultations for high school students who came to the University of Utah for training in how to find, use and evaluate research resources.
03/09/2015 - present
- Graduate Outreach Events: As a member of the graduate services committee I have been involved in working on planning graduate events such as Dissertation and Thesis Boot Camp, graduate workshops, graduate scholarship reviews, and the Graduate Social/Open House.
04/09/2013 - present
Honors & Awards
- 2021 Distinguished Teaching Award
University of Utah,
- Medical Librarian Association (MLA) Conference: Viewer’s Choice Award for Best Paper - Revisiting the value of qualitative research strategies in the time of COVID-19: Using public narrative data as a lens for understanding health literacy challenges presented at the 2020 conference.
Medical Librarian Association (MLA), MidContinental-Midwest Chapter,
- Selected as an CELEBRATE U awardee in April 2018 with a collaborator, Dr. Cynthia Furse for an Emerald Publishing award for the interdisciplinary research project and paper: Opening up collaboration and partnership possibilities: Re-valuing library resources, skill sets, and expertise.
Celebrate U Honoree (Marriott Library and VP of Research Office),
- 2017 Highly Commended article, Ziegenfuss, D. H. & Furse, C. (2016). Opening up collaboration and partnership possibilities: Re-valuing library resources, skill sets, and expertise. Digital Library Perspectives, 32(2), 103-116. http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/DLP-09-2015-0014 was http://www.emeraldgrouppublishing.com/authors/literati/awards.htm?year=2017&journal=dlp
- Second place award in the 2017 AASE New Engineering Educators division’s best papers for the paper, Farnsworth, C., Ziegenfuss, D. H. & Roberts, M. (2017, June 25). A model workshop for helping new faculty engage students in the STEM classroom [view paper] this paper presented at the AASE Annual Conference on June 25, 2017 in Columbus Ohio.
2017 AASE Annual Conference,
- Selected as one of Top 20 articles by the LIRT Top 20 Article Committee for the article, Ziegenfuss, D. H. & Borrelli, S. (2017). Exploring the complexity of student learning outcome assessment practices across multiple libraries. Evidence-Based Library and Information Practice, 11(2), 9-27. Available at: https://ejournals.library.ualberta.ca/index.php/EBLIP/article/view/27298 .
ALA Library Instruction Round Table (LIRT),
- Fellow in the 2016 cohort of the CLIR Leading Change Institute. As a fellow, I participate in monthly online webinars and meetings with my peers, established new national networks of librarian and IT professionals, and wrote an NSF grant in collaboration with Dr. Cindy Furse and 3 of my LCI peer institutions focused on curating open education resources around bridging the gap between educational theory and teaching practice.
Leading Change Institute (LCI),
- A Robert J. Menges Honored Presentation Award, Professional and Organizational Development Network (POD) Conference, awarded October 27, 2007 for the presentation, Refocusing the Lens: The Priority of Understanding Course Design Approaches .
The Professional and Organziational Developemnt Network,
- The Linda Lehnert Memorial Award for Outstanding Graduate Student in Education, May 2007 .