- Rural Health Care
- RNs working at the top of licensure
- Nursing protocols
- Career transitions
- Day in the life of a rural nurse. Utah Primary Care Summit, Utah Area Health Education Center, Salt Lake City, UT. Presentation, Presented, 10/2022.
- Primary care experiences for baccalaureate nursing students in rural communities. Western Institute of Nursing, Portland, OR. Presentation, Presented, 04/2022.
- Registered nurses in primary care: Quality and financial implications. Northwest Regional Primary Care Association, Seattle, WA. Presentation, Presented, 10/2019.
- INTERACT training coupled with root cause analysis results in a significant reduction of preventable adverse drug events in skilled nursing facilities. American Geriatrics Society, Orlando, FL. Presentation, Presented, 05/2018.
- Innovative partnerships, a comprehensive intervention, and the development of community coalitions. The American Medical Health Quality Association, Baltimore, MD. Presentation, Presented, 11/2015.
- Personal health records: A pilot to demonstrate bi-directional data exchange between patients and providers. American Public Association, New Orleans, LA. Presentation, Presented, 11/2014.
- Using transitional care management codes to reduce hospital readmissions, Learning and Action Network. Eugene, OR. Invited Talk/Keynote, Presented, 06/2014.
- Effective care transitions: What we can do to reduce hospital readmissions. Patient Flow Summit, Las Vegas, NV. Invited Talk/Keynote, Presented, 04/2013.
- Using Box-Jenkins modeling techniques to forecast future disease burden and identify aberrations in public health surveillance reports. American Public Health Association, San Francisco, CA. Presentation, Presented, 11/2012.
- Documenting, analyzing, and improving the way your organization does work. Utah Public Health Association, Midway, UT. Presentation, Presented, 05/2009.
- The development of disease investigation protocols for local health departments. Oklahoma Public Health Association, Oklahoma City, OK. Invited Talk/Keynote, Presented, 06/2006.
- Modeling future public health reportable disease patterns based upon previously observed reports. American Public Health Association, Philadelphia, PA. Presentation, Presented, 12/2005.
- Identification and standardization of local health department case management responsibilities. American Public Health Association, San Francisco, CA. Presentation, Presented, 12/2002.
- The effects of bioterrorism on a local health department infrastructure: Wichita, KS. Regional Special Session, Kansas City, MO. Presentation, Presented, 01/1999.
- Coordination Between Local, State, and Federal Agencies in responding to a Bioterrorist Event. 13th Annual North Central State Regional Epidemiology Conference. Chicago, IL. Invited Talk/Keynote, Presented, 10/1998.
- Occupational aviation fatalities - Alaska 1990-1994. 46th. Annual Epidemic Intelligence Service Conference. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Atlanta, GA. Presentation, Presented, 04/1997.
- Evaluation of health surveillance systems. Public health today: Vision of tomorrow. Tbilisi, Republic of Georgia. Invited Talk/Keynote, Presented, 10/1996.
Geographical Regions of Interest
- United States of America
Rural and Frontier Health Care Delivery .
- Garrett, L.C. & Shakespear, K.D. (2022). Reducing Potential Adverse Drug Events during Transitions of Care between Hospitals and Skilled Nursing Facilities. International Journal of Nursing and Health Care Science. Vol. 02(09). Published, 02/2022.
- Steenblik, J & Hofmann, L., Garrett, L., & Morton, P. G (2021). Improving Access to Naloxone and Opioid Resources through the Emergency Department. Vol. 78(4). Annals of Emergency Medicine. Published, 09/2021.
- Nerges, J. A (2021). Male Nurses’ Perceptions of the Facilitators and Barriers to Recruitment, Retention, and Job Satisfaction. Nurse Leader. Published, 08/2021.
- Moser, R. & White, G. L., Lewis-Younger, C. R., & Garrett, L. (2001). Preparing for Expected Bioterrorism Attacks. Military Medicine. Published, 08/2001.
- Garrett, L. C., & Magruder, C., & Molgard, C. A (1999). Taking the Terror Out of Bioterrorism: Planning for a Bioterrorist Event from a Local Perspective. Journal of Public Health Management and Practice. Published, 06/1999.
- Garrett, L. C. & Conway, G. A. (1999). Characteristics of Moose-vehicle Collisions in Anchorage, Alaska, 1991–1995. Journal of Safety Research. Accepted, 06/1999.
- Manwaring, J. C. & Conway, G. A., & Garrett, L. C. (1998). Epidemiology and Prevention of Helicopter External Load Accidents. Journal of Safety Research. Accepted, 02/1998.
- Garrett, L. & Conway G. (1995). Work-Related Aviation Fatalities - Alaska, 1990 -1994. Work-Related Aviation Fatalities - Alaska, 1990 -1994. Published, 06/1995.