Adjunct Associate Professor, Psychology Department
- Developmental Psychology.
Ad Hoc Reviewer.
05/2013 - 05/2013
- Gay Lesbian Straight Education Network (GLSEN).
Role: Vice Chair -- National Board of Directors.
With an annual budget of approximately $9 million, GLSEN is the premier national organization working to improve school climate for students of diverse sexual orientations and gender identity expressions.
05/2007 - present
- Diversity Committee.
08/2015 - present.
- Expert Panel Member, APA and SAMSA Consensus Group on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Conversion Therapies for Children and Adolescents
07/07/2015 - 07/08/2015
- Chair of National Board of Directors of GLSEN (Gay, Lesbian, Straight Education Network). With an annual budget of about $ million, GLSEN is the largest national organization working to improve school climate for students of diverse sexual orientations and gender identities.
06/2015 - present
In the Media
- KUER reports on my selection to be Chair of the National Board of Directors of GLSEN (the Gay Lesbian Straight Education Network). 06/05/2015.
- Findapsychologist.org is the new national online site designed to help consumers find licensed clinical psycholoigsts in their area. When the site launched, they covered the work our lab was doing on families with gay children as one of their 3 headlining stories at the top of their page. 11/2013.
- Dan Savage recommends our film, Lead with Love, in his nationally syndicated podcast -- Savage Love. 10/27/2011.
- ABC's The View recommends our film, Lead with Love, both on the air and in their blog. 10/11/2011.
- Duke Magazine interviews David Huebner about the film, Lead with Love. 05/2011.
- GLAAD Blog spotlights our film, Lead with Love. 03/18/2011.
- USA Today article features our film, Lead with Love. 01/31/2011.
- Appearance on NPR's Radio West to discuss our film, Lead with Love. 01/17/2011.
- New York Times article discusses our film, Lead with Love. 01/03/2011.