Associate Director; PEAK Health and Fitness, Health and Kinesiology
Advisor: ESS 2500, Health and Kinesiology
Manager; Build a Bone, Office of Wellness and Integrative Health
Adjunct Assistant Professor, Health and Kinesiology
- I have created a REDCap data collection tool for graduate students of the Department of Exercise and Sport Science to use in their research endeavors. Previously, PEAK Health and Fitness was not collecting data in an orderly manner.
01/01/2013 - present.
- Serving as ESS 2500 faculty adviser, I redesigned the department's introductory course, assisted in the video taping of lectures in order to turn the class into a hybrid course. I also mentored incoming graduate students who were scheduled to teach this course.
09/01/2010 - present.
- With the help of the city of Salt Lake, PEAK has been involved in a subsidized fitness program entitled Weekday Workouts at the Gallivan Center during the summers. This has been a great opportunity for our students and serve as a great first part-time job.
05/01/2013 - present
Honors & Awards
- PEAK was recognized for excellence in providing transformation experiences to undergraduate students.
Beacon of Excellence Award,
- The Fitness and Wellness Specialist degree emphasis faculty members were recognized for their ambition in undertaking projects to enhance their teaching and curriculum.
U of U Group Teaching Grant,
- Developed PEAK Health and Fitness's online database and data entry system. Ipads for data collection were purchased.
College of Health Research Start-up Grant,
American College of Sports Medicine; Health and Fitness Specialist
03/28/2008 - present