Thesis Writing & Comm I
Department SeminarLocation: SMBB 2650 (SMBB 2650)
Research Project: Me
Cont Reg-Ph D
- Elute Inc.
10/01/2011 - present.
Comments: start-up company based on university IP from my lab involving reservable antibiotic-releasing bone graft biomaterials; located in Research Park, has won 2 Utah State TCIP awards with match required and successful seed funding from UpStart Ventures, completed Series A2 round for $4.5 million; FDA 510(k) approval for first graft product; FDA RFD granted device designation for drug-eluting product.
- Alexander von Humboldt Foundation Society. 03/01/1990 - present. Position : Member.
- International Federation of Societies of Biomaterials. 01/01/2004 - present. Position : Fellow.
- American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists. 01/01/2000 - present. Position : Member.
- American Institute of Medical and Biological Engineers. 01/01/2000 - present. Position : Fellow.
- Controlled Release Society. 01/01/1994 - present. Position : Member.
- American Chemical Society. 01/01/1990 - present. Position : Member.
- Society for Biomaterials. 01/01/1990 - present. Position : Member.
Additional didactic teaching
I regularly lecture across 5 different Schools/Colleges on campus and globally in graduate "summer schools", industrial workshops and special student focus groups.