Fndtns of Bldg Tech II
Fndtns of Bldg Tech IIG
- Architektenkammer Baden-Württemberg. 01/01/2015 - present. Position : Licensed Architect, Member.
- American Institue of Architects. 12/01/2005 - present. Position : International's Associate, Member.
- Architektenkammer Nordrhein-Westphalen. 12/01/1997 - 12/31/2014. Position : Licensed Architect, Member.
Personality, subsidiarity, and solidarity play an important role in my position as a conscientious professional, researcher, and educator. Responsible, free, and creative thinking and acting people are the prerequisite for a successful, sustainable society, in which respectful cohabitation plays a key role. I reflect these principles in all my activities, including the way I teach. Students have talented and inquiring minds; they have to be guided towards critical thinking, questioning, and complex reasoning. They also have to be made aware of ethical and moral issues, including the importance of making a commitment that extends beyond their own self-interest—especially if they have decided to commit to the field of architecture, which brings with it a great responsibility to future generations. While my teaching includes important subject-specific material, I also emphasize broader learning skills and strategies that teach students how to untangle complex problems and how to learn responsible behavior. My professional and research interests have a significant impact on my work in the classroom setting. With my commitment to the synthesis of scholarship and design practice, I am able to demonstrate how stewardship of the built environment can be achieved, and how far its impact reaches beyond the actual field of origin, reinforcing the importance of a holistic point of view and an active involvement in the community at all levels. By coupling my specific focus on a well-designed sustainable built environment with my design interest and a global to local approach, I plant the seeds for many of my students to become successful in a very competitive job market.
- Design Build Salt Lake City Parcel Study. Eric Blyth, Katja Lund, Mathew Meyers. 07/01/2016 - 12/31/2016
- ”Teaching Sustainable Strategies in Architecture and Urban Design by Learning from the Global Perspective” paper presentation at the Passive and Low Energy Architecture PLEA Conference. Quebec City, Canada. Paper published, 06/2009.
- Design Build Salt Lake City. Project Lead: Jörg Rügemer. Salt Lake City Corporation 07/01/2016 - 04/30/2018. Total Budget: $18,250.00.
- WUFI Passive Software for Architectural Studio and Class Application. Project Lead: Joerg Ruegemer. University of Utah Teaching Grant 01/2014 - 12/2015. Total Budget: $3,480.00.
- Certified Passive House Training Program for Architectural Class Application. Project Lead: Joerg Ruegemer. UofU Teaching Grant 11/2012 - 08/2013. Total Budget: $3,450.00.