- "HIV/AIDS, Corporeal Malediction and Melancholy: Queer Temporalities in Luis Antonio de Villena's Madrid ha muerto". Mid-America Conference on Hispanic Literatures. University of Wisconsin-Madison. October 9-11, 2014.
- “Desire and the Uncanny (Im)materiality of Language: The Unsettling Poetry of Juan Eduardo Cirlot.” Kentucky Foreign Language Conference. University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky. April 14-16, 2011.
- “Hetero-Hispanism and Queer Attire: The Refashioning of Empire in Pemán’s El poema de la bestia y el ángel.” Mid-America Conferenence on Hispanic Literature. Washington University in St. Louis, St. Louis Missouri. October 28-30, 2010.
- “Prosthetic Borders and the Limits of Language: Diasporic Subjectivities in Francisco Zamora Loboch’s Memoria de Laberintos (1999)” South Central Modern Language Association. 65th Annual Meeting. San Antonio, Texas. Nov 7, 2008. Conference Paper, Presented, 11/07/2008.
- “‘Móntalo España’: Carlos Edmundo de Ory frente a la poesía ‘nacional’”. Conference of Hispanic and Spanish American Poetry, 2007. University of Virginia. Charlottesville, VA. Nov 10, 2007. Conference Paper, Presented, 11/10/2007.
- “Reinvesting Ultraísmo: Lucía Sánchez Saornil and the Poetics of (Gender)Indeterminacy.” Kentucky Foreign Language Conference. University of Kentucky. Lexington Kentucky. April 21, 2007. Conference Paper, Presented, 04/21/2007.
- “Monsters, Androgyny and Utopia. The Case of Rafael Cansinos Asséns, or Can un hombre maduro Be Avant-Garde?” Mid-America Conference on Hispanic Literatures. University of Missouri, Columbia. November 18, 2006. Conference Paper, Presented, 11/18/2006.
- English, fluent.
- German, basic.
- Portuguese, functional.
- Spanish, fluent.
Geographical Regions of Interest
- Equatorial Guinea
- Latin America and the Caribbean
- Western Sahara