Associate Director for Curriculum & Scholarship, Bennion Center for Community Engagement
Associate Instructor, Bennion Community Center
Honors & Awards
- Alta Sustainability Community Partnership Award.
Alta Environmental Center,
- Community Engaged Learning Faculty Fellowship.
University of Utah Bennion Community Service Center,
- Faculty Recognition Award.
Univ of Utah Career and Professional Development Center,
- School of Biological Emphasis Reform Committee.I initiated and led a working group to reform the current Environmental and Organismal emphasis to be more rigorous and attractive to students planning to enter the fields of conservation, environmental and wildlife biology. I used my history of BUS curriculum development to collaborate with interested tenure-track faculty to develop a proposal for departmental and college review.
09/01/2017 - 12/14/2018.
- Faculty Advisor for Bachelor of Undergraduate Studies degrees in Wildlife Ecology & Conservation.
01/05/2015 - present.
- Invertebrate Science Advisor to the Natural History Museum of Utah: I consulted with the Exhibit Specialist at the Natural History Museum of Utah on the inclusion of Utah native bee species in the development of their “Nature All Around Us” exhibit, which will open in Fall 2019. I helped identify native bee species that should be included in the exhibit, developed interactive activities for museum guests to “connect” with the native bee species of Utah, and gathered visual materials and images for inclusion in the exhibit.
01/09/2017 - 08/01/2019
- I have served as the Faculty Advisor to the University of Utah Beekeeper's Assocation since its inception in 2012. There are five honeybee hives that we maintain on campus and use as tools for educating students and the public about the importance of pollinators. The club also planned, funded, and installed a Pollinator Conservation Garden on campus in the Spring of 2019.
01/09/2012 - present