- Bring Her Home film screening and panel discussion at the Salt Lake City Library.
- Panelist for EDI's March iteration of the Friday Forums on Racism in Higher Education. Title of panel: Intersections, Crossroads and Roadblocks
- American Indian Virtual Film Festival, UEN: panel discussion on the documentary Sisters Rising; the stories of six Native American women reclaiming personal & tribal sovereignty after trauma, sexual assault and violence.
- Beyond the Classroom Day of Learning at Rowland Hall, Salt Lake City, UT. As alumna, I was asked to speak on my experiences as a BIPOC student at a predominately white institution, and provide insight into social justice from professional framework.
- Presentation in ETHNC 3870 - American Indian Women on the Indian Child Welfare Act. Presentation, Presented, 10/22/2018.
- Moderator for panel, "Sharing Our Stories: Narrative of Historical Trauma" at the 6th Annual Indian Child Welfare Conference-- 40 Years of ICWA in Utah - Past, Present, and Future. Panel members: Jennie Sheperd, Utah Foster Care; Lillian Tsosie-Jensen, Utah State Board of Education; Rupert Steele, Goshute Tribe; and Terry Cross, National Indian Child Welfare Association . Panel, Presented, 08/20/2018.
- We Can’t Make the Same Mistake Twice: Indian Child Welfare; In-service Presentation to Primary Children’s Hospital Medical Social Workers. Presentation, Presented, 05/2017.
- Contemporary Child Welfare Issues in American Indian and Canadian Aboriginal Contexts; Presentation at the Council on Social Work Education 61st Annual Program Meeting, Denver, CO. Presentation, Presented, 10/2015.
- Historical Trauma: How Traumatic Experience is Revealed in Indigenous and Aboriginal Communities. Presentation at the Global Awareness Society International 24th Annual Conference, Philadelphia, PA. Presentation, Presented, 05/2015.
- “Has the U.S. Economic Recovery or U.S. Federal Indian Law, Contributed to the Increase of American Indian Children in Out-Of-Home Care?” Session Chair and presentation at Global Awareness Society International 23rd Annual Conference, Montego Bay, Jamaica . Panel, Presented, 05/2014.
- “Cultural Values of American Indian People: Their Impact on Families and Health.” Presentation at the Global Awareness Society International 21st Annual Conference, New York City, NY. Presentation, Presented, 05/2012.
- Health Disparities Experienced by Urban American Indians: Possible Adaptions to Other Global Indigenous Peoples. Presentation at the Global Awareness Society International 20th Annual Conference, San Juan, Puerto Rico. Presentation, Presented, 05/2011.
- An interpretive policy analysis of perspectives on Title V of the Indian Healthcare Improvement Act. Presentation at the American Public Health Association 138th Annual Conference, Denver, CO. Presentation, Presented, 11/2010.
- State of Title V Urban Indian Health Care in Utah. Phoenix Area Indian Health Service I/T/U Annual Meeting, Las Vegas, NV. Other, Presented, 10/2005.
- “Urban Indian Health Status.” Presentation to DHHS Region VIII Chlamydia Project Denver, CO. Invited Talk/Keynote, Presented, 01/2004.
- English, functional.
Geographical Regions of Interest
- Northern America
I am specifically interested with North America’s Indigenous, Aboriginal, and First Nations' geographic, physical, and cultural areas.
- Ned, J.D. & Frost, C. (2017). Contemporary Issues in Child Welfare: American Indian and Canadian Aboriginal Contexts. (pp. 215). JCharlton Publishing Ltd..
- Bussey, B. & Day, P.A., Ned, J.D., & Smalling, S.E. (2017). Chapter 1: Introduction.. (pp. 1-16). JCharlton Publishing Ltd.. Published, 01/2017.
- John, A. & Ned, J.D., & Tanana, H. (2017). Chapter 7: Adoption-United States. (pp. 157-178). JCharlton Publishing Ltd.. Published, 01/2017.
- Title V of the Indian Health Care Improvement Act 36 years later: An interpretive policy analysis.
- Reproductive health and sexual violence among urban American Indian and Alaska native young women: select findings from the national survey of family growth . Published, 12/2012.