Dr Beals' research focuses on the female athletes triad, nutritional needs of athletes, particularly female athletes, satiety and weight management, and carbohydrate and protein metabolism.
- RD, Dietetic Preprofessional Practice Program (AP4), Arizona State University
- BA, Political Science with minors in Spanish and Sport Psychology. , University of California Davis.
- MS, Physical Education with emphasis in Health Education and Corporate Fitness., California Polytechnic State University
- PhD, Exercise and Wellness with an emphasis in Human Nutrition., Arizona State University
- Registered Dietitian (RD), Nutrition, Arizona State University
Dr Beals received her MS from Cal Poly in exercise science and her PhD from Arizona State University in Curriculum and Instruction with an emphasis in nutrition and exercise science. She previously held a position as an Associate Professor in the Department of Family and Consumer Sciences at Ball State University. Her areas of expertise include sport nutrition, nutritional biochemistry, macro- and micronutrient metabolism and energy balance obesity and weight control.