Intensive Mat & Const G
Bldg Tech Arch'l Des G
Comprehens Bldg Tech I
Smith teaches in the areas of materials and process of design to construction, sustainability of materials, digital means that facilitate design to construction, sustainability quantification, prefabrication and building technology ~ studio integrative pedagogy. His approach is student led - creating a collaborative research partnership between student and teacher to ask timely technology related questions in architecture and formulate informed scholarly questions.
- MSAS Technology Track Curriculum Development. Project Lead: Ryan Smith. Collaborators: Robert Young, Paul McMullin. Oldcastle Building Envelope 08/2014 - 08/2015. Total Budget: $12,000.00.
- Prefab Wood. Day long workshop educating construction professional on advanced in wood prefabrication technologies. Class type: Lecture. 03/17/2015 - present.
- TimberLink. Dissemination of research on racking calc and closed panel solutions for construction. Number of hours: 3. Class type: Lecture. 08/2013 - present.
- Wood+. Dissemination of applied research on modified timber and engineered wood systems. Number of hours: 3. Class type: Lecture. 05/2013 - present.
- NO GLUE SOLID TIMBER. Dissemination of applied research in solid timber technical viability work. Number of hours: 6. Class type: Lecture. 02/2013 - present.