PCNP Practicum II
- Sigma Theta Tau International: Gamma Rho Chapter. 07/01/2018 - 11/09/2018. Position : 40th Anniversary Lunch and Learn and Tea and Tour Co-Chair.
- Sigma Theta Tau International: Gamma Rho Chapter. 07/01/2018 - present. Position : Leadership Succession Committee Member.
- Sigma Theta Tau International: Gamma Rho Chapter. 03/01/2018 - present. Position : Member.
- Phi Kappa Phi. 02/01/2018 - present. Position : Member.
- Golden Key International Honor Society. 10/13/2017 - present. Position : Member.
- Utah Nurse Practitioners. 02/2016 - present. Position : Member.
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners. 01/2016 - present. Position : Member.
- National Association of Hispanic Nurses. 01/2016 - present. Position : Member.
- Virginia Council of Nurse Practitioners. 11/2009 - 05/2012. Position : Member; CME Corner Coordinator.
- Nurse Practitioner/Clinical Examiner for Utah Children's Project: Investigating Genetics, Environment, and Health in Families (UCP: ECHO). College of Nursing. 03/22/2018 - 07/15/2019 . # of Hours: 1.
- Nurse Practitioner for University of Utah Hospitals and Clinics Health Risk Assessment (HRA) Project. 11/10/2016 - present .
- Nurse Practitioner for University of Utah Hospitals and Clinics WellnessNOW Health Initiative Project. 07/07/2016 - present .
- GW Medical Faculty Associates, Division of Infectious Diseases: conducted clinical research as sub-investigator for multiple NIH-sponsored, industry-sponsored, and investigator-initiated trials; provided specialty medical care as nurse practitioner to patients in infectious disease clinic. (2013-2015). 11/2013 - present .
- Community Clinics in Northern, VA and Washington DC: Provided primary medical care as family nurse practitioner to patients in busy clinical settings with multi-lingual/cultural patient and staff population (2009-2013). 11/2009 - present .
- UW Hall Health Primary Care Clinic: provided patient care as registered nurse in outpatient clinic (2006-2008). 08/2006 - present .
I believe that learning should be active and participatory, personalized with the use of life experience and diaglogue. I view the role of the teacher as a facilitator, mentor and resource. I encourage learners to be self-directed through fostering self-reflection and self-inquiry with a focus on application and problem-solving. I trust in students' capacity for growth, creativity and contribution.