Special Studies Ph D
- Sentiomed LLC. 12/2015 - present. Employees: 2.
- Obsidian Ventures LLC.
10/2014 - present.
Comments: Business Development and Investment Fund for Medical Devices
- Blackrock Microsystems Europe GmbH.
01/2014 - present.
Comments: subsidiary with cleanroom and RnD facilities
- IBEX LLC.
01/2012 - present.
Comments: commercial real estate development in research park privately owned business, no disclosure of financial information
- Blackrock Neuromed.
06/2011 - present.
Comments: Chairman privately owned business, no disclosure of financial information
- Blackrock Microsystems LLC.
05/2008 - present.
Comments: Founder / President / Executive Chairman private profitable business, no disclosure of financial information
- AMA Association for Sensor Technology .
05/2001 - 05/2009.
Comments: board member and Chairman for European AMA Sensor association, representing > 400 member companies with > 180,000 engineers. Lobbying and board participation on European and German Federal level. Chairman for Sensor+Test , the world's largest exposition and trade show for sensors, metrology and testing, Chairman of the board for AMA Service Inc, a service company for trade shows, and AMA Education Inc. providing training and education. Financial and time commitment information not disclosed.
- First Sensor Technology .
01/1999 - 12/2002.
Comments: Founder and board member until exit 2002
- First Sensor Technology GmbH.
06/1998 - 05/2002.
Comments: Co-Founder cannot disclose financial information
- American Institute of Biological and Medical Engineers AIMBE. 10/01/2019 - present. Position : Fellow.
- Society for Neuroscience. 01/2006 - present. Position : Member.
- Materials Research Society . 01/2004 - present. Position : Member.
- IEEE. 01/2004 - present. Position : Member.
- AMA - German Sensor Association . 01/1998 - present. Position : Member/former Chairman/Member council of Elders .
Physics of Nano-electronic and related devices
Physical basis of devices based on modulation fo charged carrier velocity, and concentration to achieve detection, amplification and switching of electrical signals. CMOS as well as novel nanodevices. The course is composed of 5 modules: 1) Electronic Materials, 2) Device Building Blocks such as p-n junctions, etc., 3) Transistors (BJT and FET), 4) Solar Cells, Negative Differential Resistance (NDR), Power, RF, and Devices, and 5) Sensor/actuators for MEMs.
Meets with ME EN 6050, ECE 6221, BIOEN 6421, MSE 6421. Introduction to the principles of micromachining technologies. Topics include photolithography, silicon etching, thin film deposition and etching, electroplating, polymer micromachining, and bonding techniques. A weekly lab and a review of micromachining applications is included. Undergraduate students only.