Sophmore and Transfer Student Advisor, Modern Dance Department
Dance Minors Advisor, Modern Dance Department
Associate Professor, School Of Dance
Honors & Awards
- Dee Grant Award, March 2016
-Awarded funding to bring renowned New York artists Maya Ciarrocchi and Kris Grey to do an intensive 10-day residency with their Gender/Power project, which resulted in workshop participants co-creating an evening-length work combining text, movement and video.
- 2008 Center for Interdisciplinary Arts and Technology Research Fellowship, May 2008 -Awarded funding to develop the site-specific interdisciplinary work Ghost Interruptions with animator Lien Fan Shen and computer scientist James de St. Germain.
In the Media
- Preview of Group Art Show "Collective Experience," of which I was a part. http://utahculturalalliance.org/2015/03/02/ecology-of-talent-rio-gallery-slc-mar-20-apr-29/. 03/02/2015.
- Kathy Adams of the Salt Lake Tribune published a preview of the Jonathan Burrows show, that quotes me as a co-creator of the residency. 11/01/2014.
- Salt Lake Magazine--article preview of Repertory Dance Theater's "Passages" concert, in which the company re-performed a piece that they had commissioned from me in 2010. 03/21/2012.
- Preview of Repertory Dance Theater "Passages" concert, in which my piece "Songs I Wanna Sing (To You)" was re-staged. 03/19/2012.
- Salt Lake Tribune, Overview article by Kathy Adams about Salt Dance Fest, which photo-featured myself, Stephen Koester, and Pamela Geber as co-coordinators of the festival. 06/2011.
- Overview of RDT's "Mystique" Dance Concert by Scott Iwasaki in the Deseret News. 03/21/2010.
- Review in La Nacion; San Jose, Costa Rica's main newspaper. 07/2009.
- New York Times; mentioned in a review of a festival; written by Jennifer Dunning. 06/20/2004.
Geographical Regions of Interest
- Central America
- Costa Rica
- Latin America and the Caribbean
- Northern America
- Russian Federation
- South America