- Utah Nurses Association. 07/2012 - present. Position : Member.
- American Nurses Association. 02/2007 - present. Position : Member.
- Sigma Theta Tau International. 04/2006 - present. Position : Member.
- Western Institute of Nursing. 01/2005 - present. Position : Member.
- Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses. 01/1990 - present. Position : Member.
Learning must be student-centered and engaging, where faculty create an educational environment that demonstrates mutual respect and tolerance of diversity while fueling the scholarship of discovery in order to generate, apply, and integrate new knowledge. As we stand on the forefront of national changes in healthcare delivery, it is essential that nursing students and faculty work together to transform healthcare by their stewardship to local and global communities; and by advancing the profession through research, scholarship, service, and life-long educational pursuits.
Opportunities are provided for acquisition of knowledge and development of skills to engage in scholarly inquiry. These include being able to identify clinical and research problems, utilize information resources (including electronic resources), and evaluate/utilize research in clinical practice. As a master’s-prepared or doctorally-prepared nurse, it is essential that practice be based on research evidence. Thus, it is critical for students to become proficient in the acquisition of current research, management of that information, evaluation of research reports, and to critically appraise, judge, and utilize research in developing an evidence-based practice.