- Consultant for Mixed In Key (software developers, 120000 users). Other, in progress 08/2014.
- Co-editor "The SuperCollider Book," due in 2011. Author of Ch 1 of "The SuperCollider Book," due in 2011 Literary Arts, scheduled 04/01/2011.
- The Way Music Works -- Music appreciation text. Literary Arts, in progress 04/01/2011.
- Surviving AP and First Year Music Theory Literary Arts, in progress 04/01/2011.
- Tech support for electro-acoustic performances at the School of Music Performance, in progress 2010.
- VU Symposium at Westminster.
- Fridays with Faculty . Invited Talk/Keynote, Presented, 04/19/2019.
- WMEA technology lectures (4). Invited Talk/Keynote, Presented, 01/15/2018.
- UMEA Technology lectures. Invited Talk/Keynote, Presented, 02/03/2017.
- NASM Conference Panel member: Composition, the foundation for teaching, conducting, and administration. Invited Talk/Keynote, Presented, 11/23/2013.
Research Equipment and Testing Expertise
- Digital recording equipment (mics, preamps, mixers) and software (Logic Pro, ProTools, Amadeus Pro).
- Automated recordings in DGH. Software and Scripts for the recording systems in David Gardner Hall. Release Date: 10/01/2020. Inventors: Mike Cottle. Distribution List: Private.
- SuperCollider. Real-Time language based audio synthesis. Release Date: 01/01/2001.
- Amadeus Pro. Two track digital audio editor. Release Date: 01/2000.
- Lime Notation Software. Music Notation Package. Release Date: 01/01/1985.
American Contra and English Country Dance
- French, fluent.
- College level music tech. The first half covers the nature of sound, formats, mic types and placement, recording techniques, DAWs (Logic Pro), DSP (reverbs, delays, compression, EQ), mix styles, and auxiliary sends for effects and monitors. The second half continues with electro-acoustic composition using SuperCollider and Logic Pro; concrete styles, voltage control, wave generators, control sources, GUIs, filtering synthesis, frequency and phase modulation synthesis, physical models and additive synthesis. Finally, computer music methods are discussed, including random number theory, generative composition, computer assisted algorithmic composition, 12-tone and set theory, probability, microtonality, and working with data files. The SC examples have been tested and conform with SC 3.6.5, including the new IDE. (Code only file available on request.) While the recording chapters target Logic Pro users on OS X, all of the techniques can easily be adapted to other platforms and DAWs.
- Electro-acoustic Music with Examples in SuperCollider and Logic Pro. Published, 03/2012.
- SuperCollider, the Book.
- Introduction/Tutorial for Supercollider the Book.