Global Public HealthLocation: CANVAS (CANVAS)
Global Public Health
Health and Systems I
- American Public Health Association. 01/01/2017 - 12/31/2017. Position : Member.
- Sigma Theta Tau. 03/01/2010 - 12/31/2013. Position : Member.
- American College of Nurse-Midwives. 06/05/1989 - present. Position : Member.
- Birthcare Healthcare nurse-midwifery and women's health faculty practice. College of Nursing. 01/01/2017 - 09/30/2017 . # of Hours: 10.
- Associate Clinical Professor, University of Utah, College of Nursing, Salt Lake City, UT Since 2008. Includes faculty midwifery practice, didactic and clinical teaching of students in the DNP program and undergraduate teaching. 02/08/2016 - present .
- Associate Professor (Clinical) College of Nursing, University of Utah. 07/01/2008 - present .
- Assistant Clinical Professor, University of Utah, College of Nursing, Salt Lake City, UT 2003-2007. 07/01/2007 - present .
- Assistant Clinical Professor, University of Utah, College of Nursing, Salt Lake City, UT Includes full-scope midwifery practice at the University of Utah. 08/2003 - present .
- Clinical Instructor, University of Utah, College of Nursing, Salt Lake City, UT Full scope full time nurse-midwifery . 11/2001 - present .
- Birth Care Health Care Nurse Midwifery from 2001-present. This includes full scope nurse midwifery care to an ethnically diverse population in the Salt Lake area. Faculty practice requires mentoring nurses as they become competent women's health nurse practitioners and/or nurse-midwives. 11/01/2001 - present .
- Training Consultant, University of North Carolina, Community Midwife Training Project, INTRAH/UNFPA, Conducted training of trainers for community midwives, coordinated national testing, revised curriculum, engaged in teaching full scope midwifery, lesson planning, public health visitation and nursing skills to trained midwives. 01/1999 - present .
- Senior Clinical Advisor, John Snow, Options for Family Care, USAID Supervised, upgraded skills, visited and trained midwives in 21 locations for 2 years. Worked as an advisor to local trainers and guided a country-wide multidisciplinary team to upgrade clinical skills. 10/1997 - present .
- Nurse-Midwife, Chinle Comprehensive Health Care Facility, Indian Health Service, Chinle, AZ Full scope midwifery practice among Navajo women. 12/1996 - present .
- Trainer/Midwife, Worldwide Services, Republican Hospital, Trained 7 midwives as community guides in a 9 month course under the supervision of the Ministry of Health. 11/1994 - present .
- Training Expert/Coordinator, Dutch Development Organization (SNV), Rada’a Primary Health Care Project Assisted local health workers and midwives in conducting daily care in a clinic and upgraded skills through continuing education and skills sessions for 2 years. 08/1992 - present .
- RN Birth Center, Centennial Health Care Plaza, Englewood, CO Assisted with mother and child in a midwifery led birth center for 2 years. 10/1988 - present .
- RN Worldwide Services, Republican Hospital Assisted with surgical and medical patients in a tropical and cross cultural setting with an international medical team. Scope of practice included midwifery, pharmacy, and women's clinic for 4 years. 07/1984 - present .
- RN Denver General Hospital. Labor, delivery, nursery and postpartum in a high risk, multicultural high volume inner city setting. 05/1983 - present .
Students come with unique backgrounds and abilities that can be challenged and stretched by experiences that are designed for learning. An attitude for learning is as important as aptitude. Teaching and learning flourish through an environment that fosters respectful relationships, listening, and acknowledges individual differences.
- Midwifing the Student: Creating an Effective Learning Environment. Journal of Midwifery and Women’s Health, 61(6), 7-10. doi:10.1111/jmwh.12487 Special Issue on Education. Paper published, 03/24/2016.