Assistant Professor (Lecturer), Linguistics
- The Color of Words, Our Story Conference, Gustavus Adolphus College.
- Participated in Contemporary Languages of Racism panel, Student conference on Writing and Social Justice, Salt Lake Community College.
Geographical Regions of Interest
- Randall Eggert (2020). This Book is Taboo: An Introduction to Linguistics through Swearing, Second Edition. (pp. 267). Kendall Hunt.
- R. Eggert. 2015. How the N-Word Became the new F-Word. Washington Post. June 26, 2015.
- Eggert, R. 2011. This Book is Taboo: An Introduction to Linguistics through Swearing. Kendall Hunt Publishing.
- Kleinedler, S. and R. Eggert. 2006. Indexi-lexicography. In G. Ward and B. Birner (eds.), Drawing the Boundaries of Meaning: Neo-Gricean Studies in Pragmatics and Semantics in Honor of Laurence R. Horn. Amsterdam: John Benjamins.
- Eggert, R. 2003. I bet you think this paper is about ‘you’: Participant roles and ‘you’. BLS 29. 115-125.
- Anderson, G.D. and R. Eggert. 2001. A typology of verb agreement in Burushaski. Linguistics of the Tibeto-Burman Area. 24.2.
- Eggert, R. 2000. Grammaticality and context with respect to and… and or… respectively. CLS 36. 93-107.
- Eggert, R. 1998. I’m not here right now: Salience in pure indexical reference. CLS 34. 111-126.